Bus depot in Dagenham to close in October
Bus company First Group plans to close a depot in Dagenham as the firm withdraws from London.
News that the Chequers Lane centre will shut in October came after the sale of another eight First depots in London was finalised on Monday.
The Dagenham depot closure will complete the company’s withdrawal from running services in the capital.
First have not yet been to confirm whether staff in Chequers Lane will be made redundant.
A spokesman said: “Our decision is a business driven one and does not reflect on the effort or individual performance of those working in Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank them for the commitment and loyalty they have shown First over the years.“
The remaining depots were sold to Metroline and Transit Systems Group for around £80million in total. The company, which also runs trains, said it will now put greater focus on other areas in the UK.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs