Business: Finest Spanish olive oil producers jet to Barking to sell their wares
- Credit: Archant
Some of the finest producers of Spanish olive oil jetted in to Barking hoping to sell their wares at an international business fair.
Recently-launched import and exporters Tradex Consultancy UK, based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, invited the companies to meet with British sellers over three days in a bilingual trade event this week.
Chief executive Juan Galicia, who previously worked for the Spanish embassy, was delighted to see so many different businesses come to the area.
“It was amazing to see so many companies coming together and we’re confident lots of good business will come of it,” he said.
“Most of the Spanish producers will go back and tell others back home about us as well, so we’re excited for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great for the local economy as well, with most of the companies staying at hotels in Barking and dining out at local restaurants.”
The event attracted a wide variety of experts with bottles of all shapes and sizes switching hands.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
- 10 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
Among the more memorable pitches was Conde de Argillio, who hope to bring an olive oil vending machine to British museums, airports and shopping centres.
“We don’t sell huge amounts of oil through our machine, because people usually pop out when the shops are shut to pick up a single bottle,” explained export manager Raul Delgado Quesada.
“It is great for spreading our name though which often leads to larger orders direct through the company.”
Not content with just olive oil, Tradex Consultancy are keen to bring more fine Spanish tastes to Barking and Dagenham, and will host a similar event in May, designed to link Spanish wine-producers with sellers in the UK.