Business: Finest Spanish olive oil producers jet to Barking to sell their wares
- Credit: Archant
Some of the finest producers of Spanish olive oil jetted in to Barking hoping to sell their wares at an international business fair.
Recently-launched import and exporters Tradex Consultancy UK, based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, invited the companies to meet with British sellers over three days in a bilingual trade event this week.
Chief executive Juan Galicia, who previously worked for the Spanish embassy, was delighted to see so many different businesses come to the area.
“It was amazing to see so many companies coming together and we’re confident lots of good business will come of it,” he said.
“Most of the Spanish producers will go back and tell others back home about us as well, so we’re excited for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great for the local economy as well, with most of the companies staying at hotels in Barking and dining out at local restaurants.”
The event attracted a wide variety of experts with bottles of all shapes and sizes switching hands.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Among the more memorable pitches was Conde de Argillio, who hope to bring an olive oil vending machine to British museums, airports and shopping centres.
“We don’t sell huge amounts of oil through our machine, because people usually pop out when the shops are shut to pick up a single bottle,” explained export manager Raul Delgado Quesada.
“It is great for spreading our name though which often leads to larger orders direct through the company.”
Not content with just olive oil, Tradex Consultancy are keen to bring more fine Spanish tastes to Barking and Dagenham, and will host a similar event in May, designed to link Spanish wine-producers with sellers in the UK.