Business loans for young enterpreneurs up for grabs
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images - yellow image
Young people with clever business ideas are being encouraged to apply for loans of up to £10,000 from a new government fund.
The Start-Up Loans scheme is backed by former Dragons’ Den star James Caan.
It provides cash and business mentoring, and is being delivered by a number of companies.
Applicants must be under 30 and can apply through one of the delivery partners who will interview and mentor hopefuls and approve loans.
The programme is being run by entrepreneur Mr Caan and has received £112million in Government funding.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Rafferty of www.printing.com is one of the delivery partners. He set up his company when he was 24 with a £3,000 loan from his father.
The business is now global and listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
Mr Rafferty said: “Our main focus will be to help young entrepreneurs from the graphic arts sector including graphic and web designers. But we want to hear from young entrepreneurs from other sectors too. Our business is partly based on a network of franchises and we already provide lots of mentoring.”
n To apply for mentoring with Tony visit his website at www.printing.com/entrepreneurs.