Business News: Bumper crop of first time entrants to Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Media personality Paul Ross will host this year’s Barking and Dagenham Business Awards, which has seen a bumper crop of first-time entrants.
More than half of all businesses entered into the competition this year did so for the first time and a significant proportion are being run by women.
Social enterprises and small businesses in the borough are also well represented though the overall number of award applicants is slightly down on last year.
The judging for this year’s awards, held in partnership with Sanofi and business east, is now complete and winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Broadway Theatre, Barking, at 7pm on July 2.
You may also want to watch:
Awards organiser Paul Bishop said: “There’s some great success stories of people who have really persevered and struggled to keep their business going.”
Media partners the Barking and Dagenham Post, published by Archant, will profile winners after the awards night in the Post and at bdpost.co.uk.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete