Business News: Bumper crop of first time entrants to Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Media personality Paul Ross will host this year’s Barking and Dagenham Business Awards, which has seen a bumper crop of first-time entrants.
More than half of all businesses entered into the competition this year did so for the first time and a significant proportion are being run by women.
Social enterprises and small businesses in the borough are also well represented though the overall number of award applicants is slightly down on last year.
The judging for this year’s awards, held in partnership with Sanofi and business east, is now complete and winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Broadway Theatre, Barking, at 7pm on July 2.
You may also want to watch:
Awards organiser Paul Bishop said: “There’s some great success stories of people who have really persevered and struggled to keep their business going.”
Media partners the Barking and Dagenham Post, published by Archant, will profile winners after the awards night in the Post and at bdpost.co.uk.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London