Business News: Bumper crop of first time entrants to Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Media personality Paul Ross will host this year’s Barking and Dagenham Business Awards, which has seen a bumper crop of first-time entrants.
More than half of all businesses entered into the competition this year did so for the first time and a significant proportion are being run by women.
Social enterprises and small businesses in the borough are also well represented though the overall number of award applicants is slightly down on last year.
The judging for this year’s awards, held in partnership with Sanofi and business east, is now complete and winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Broadway Theatre, Barking, at 7pm on July 2.
You may also want to watch:
Awards organiser Paul Bishop said: “There’s some great success stories of people who have really persevered and struggled to keep their business going.”
Media partners the Barking and Dagenham Post, published by Archant, will profile winners after the awards night in the Post and at bdpost.co.uk.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils