Business News: Dagenham woman to launch glitzy shoe line
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham woman is set to launch her new glamourous shoe line with a catwalk show and party.
Lauren Foord started up her company Royal Highness Shoetique last summer but is officially launching the venture at The Brickyard bar in Romford on March 27.
The 24-year-old decorates a variety of high-heels with different coloured crystals before selling the footwear on-line.
The glitzy shoes have already been a hit with buyers and worn by celebrities from The Only Way is Essex and Big Brother.
Lauren, of Orchard Road, explained how her business idea began: “I was struggling to find the kind of shoes I wanted so decided to decorate my own with crystals. “People said how much they like them so I thought I’d make some more and try and sell them on-line.”
You may also want to watch:
She said social media has been a great help in promoting her range.
“I don’t know what I would have done without Facebook and Twitter,” she added. “They’re such a great way of getting the word out and doesn’t cost anything.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
Lauren, who worked as an administration assistant until last year, runs her company from home but dreams of owning her own shop one day.
But for now she is focusing on her up-coming launch, which will feature a cat-walk show with professional models.
“I’m a bit nervous, but excited about it,” she said. “It should be a really good night.”
Those interested in going to the launch night should email Lauren at Info@HRHShoetique.co.uk. For more information on the line go to hrhshoetique.co.uk.