Business News: Dagenham woman to launch glitzy shoe line
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham woman is set to launch her new glamourous shoe line with a catwalk show and party.
Lauren Foord started up her company Royal Highness Shoetique last summer but is officially launching the venture at The Brickyard bar in Romford on March 27.
The 24-year-old decorates a variety of high-heels with different coloured crystals before selling the footwear on-line.
The glitzy shoes have already been a hit with buyers and worn by celebrities from The Only Way is Essex and Big Brother.
Lauren, of Orchard Road, explained how her business idea began: “I was struggling to find the kind of shoes I wanted so decided to decorate my own with crystals. “People said how much they like them so I thought I’d make some more and try and sell them on-line.”
She said social media has been a great help in promoting her range.
“I don’t know what I would have done without Facebook and Twitter,” she added. “They’re such a great way of getting the word out and doesn’t cost anything.”
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Lauren, who worked as an administration assistant until last year, runs her company from home but dreams of owning her own shop one day.
But for now she is focusing on her up-coming launch, which will feature a cat-walk show with professional models.
“I’m a bit nervous, but excited about it,” she said. “It should be a really good night.”
Those interested in going to the launch night should email Lauren at Info@HRHShoetique.co.uk. For more information on the line go to hrhshoetique.co.uk.