Business secrets spilled at working mums’ networking event
- Credit: Alex Shaw
Mothers heard business tips and tricks from working women at the Mum to Millionaire Meet Up.
About two dozen guests attended the event in Barking Enterprise Centre, Wakering Road.
Speakers included Cllr Saima Ashraf, who talked about her path from single mum of three to deputy leader of Barking and Dagenham Council.
Organisers said the bimonthly sessions are “a positive and uplifting networking and support group”.
Photographer and mother-of-three Emma Page, 36, joined the meetings to meet like-minded mums interested in business.
“The speakers are always really inspirational,” she said.
Mum-of-two Jaclyn Dunne, 40, meanwhile, left a well-paid accountancy job to become a hypnotherapist and health coach.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 10 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
She said members encouraged each other to follow their dreams, adding: “To be able to give people that strength – that push – it’s great.”