Business secrets spilled at working mums’ networking event
- Credit: Alex Shaw
Mothers heard business tips and tricks from working women at the Mum to Millionaire Meet Up.
About two dozen guests attended the event in Barking Enterprise Centre, Wakering Road.
Speakers included Cllr Saima Ashraf, who talked about her path from single mum of three to deputy leader of Barking and Dagenham Council.
Organisers said the bimonthly sessions are “a positive and uplifting networking and support group”.
Photographer and mother-of-three Emma Page, 36, joined the meetings to meet like-minded mums interested in business.
You may also want to watch:
“The speakers are always really inspirational,” she said.
Mum-of-two Jaclyn Dunne, 40, meanwhile, left a well-paid accountancy job to become a hypnotherapist and health coach.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
She said members encouraged each other to follow their dreams, adding: “To be able to give people that strength – that push – it’s great.”