Business secrets spilled at working mums’ networking event
- Credit: Alex Shaw
Mothers heard business tips and tricks from working women at the Mum to Millionaire Meet Up.
About two dozen guests attended the event in Barking Enterprise Centre, Wakering Road.
Speakers included Cllr Saima Ashraf, who talked about her path from single mum of three to deputy leader of Barking and Dagenham Council.
Organisers said the bimonthly sessions are “a positive and uplifting networking and support group”.
Photographer and mother-of-three Emma Page, 36, joined the meetings to meet like-minded mums interested in business.
You may also want to watch:
“The speakers are always really inspirational,” she said.
Mum-of-two Jaclyn Dunne, 40, meanwhile, left a well-paid accountancy job to become a hypnotherapist and health coach.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
She said members encouraged each other to follow their dreams, adding: “To be able to give people that strength – that push – it’s great.”