Business secrets spilled at working mums’ networking event
- Credit: Alex Shaw
Mothers heard business tips and tricks from working women at the Mum to Millionaire Meet Up.
About two dozen guests attended the event in Barking Enterprise Centre, Wakering Road.
Speakers included Cllr Saima Ashraf, who talked about her path from single mum of three to deputy leader of Barking and Dagenham Council.
Organisers said the bimonthly sessions are “a positive and uplifting networking and support group”.
Photographer and mother-of-three Emma Page, 36, joined the meetings to meet like-minded mums interested in business.
You may also want to watch:
“The speakers are always really inspirational,” she said.
Mum-of-two Jaclyn Dunne, 40, meanwhile, left a well-paid accountancy job to become a hypnotherapist and health coach.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
She said members encouraged each other to follow their dreams, adding: “To be able to give people that strength – that push – it’s great.”