Celebrate your business by entering Barking and Dagenham awards
BUSINESSES in the borough will be showcased in the 2011 Barking and Dagenham business awards which were launched this week.
Companies and individual people will have the chance to enter the awards which have nine categories reflecting a range of skills and achievements.
The launch was held at the Oishi-Sushi restaurant in Barking last Wednesday.
Speaking at the launch Paul Bishop, business relationship manager from the borough’s regeneration and economic development team, said: “The Barking and Dagenham Business Awards are an established part of the local business calendar. As well as celebrating the success of our businesses, of all sizes, the event provides an excellent networking opportunity. I would especially like to thank all our sponsors this year, all of whom play an important part in the success of our local economy and without whom these awards would not be possible.”
Clive Wilding, chairman of the skills, jobs and enterprise board and project director of Barking Riverside, said that the awards demonstrate the importance of local businesses to the success of the Barking and Dagenham economy and he urged every business to put in an entry.
You may also want to watch:
The awards are free to enter and are open to every business trading in the borough of Barking and Dagenham.
The categories are:
- 1 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
Best New Business, sponsored by Barking & Dagenham Small Business Centre
Growth Business of the Year, sponsored by Barking & Dagenham College
Customer Service, sponsored by Elevate East London
Innovation, sponsored by Bouygues Development
Green Business, sponsored by Laing O Rourke
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce
Supporting Education, Training or Development, sponsored by Apollo Property Services Group
Community Involvement including Social Enterprise, sponsored by Sanofi-Aventis
Sole Trader, Micro-business or E-business, sponsored by Enterprise
The Business of the Year, sponsored by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, is awarded to the overall winner selected from the nine categories above.
Entries can be submitted online at www.boldanddynamic.co.uk/awards. Businesses in the borough will also receive a letter telling them how to enter the awards. For help and advice with entries businesses can call Paul Bishop on 020 8724 8292 or email email@example.com.
The closing date is 5pm on Wednesday May 11, and the Awards Ceremony and Supper is at the Broadway Theatre on Tuesday, July 5.
The Barking and Dagenham Post is the media partner for the awards.