Chadwell Heath builder cements career with construction programme
- Credit: Archant
Budding builders are on track for a new career after cementing their skills.
Nine unemployed 18 to 21-year-olds tried their hands at everything from steel fixing to cement pouring as part of a two-week Get into Construction scheme – including practising their skills at the Chadwell Heath Crossrail site.
Darius Ledeatte-Williams, of Chadwell Heath, says he feels like a “different person” since joining The Prince’s Trust programme last month.
“Before I started I didn’t feel confident finding employment, but now I feel so much more positive and my communication and teamwork skills have improved massively,” admitted the 19-year-old.
Darius has now gained a job with Costain, the engineering provider which helped deliver the Ford Britain Trust-funded project.
You may also want to watch:
“The course has really helped me in my journey,” he added.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed