Chadwell Heath builder cements career with construction programme
- Credit: Archant
Budding builders are on track for a new career after cementing their skills.
Nine unemployed 18 to 21-year-olds tried their hands at everything from steel fixing to cement pouring as part of a two-week Get into Construction scheme – including practising their skills at the Chadwell Heath Crossrail site.
Darius Ledeatte-Williams, of Chadwell Heath, says he feels like a “different person” since joining The Prince’s Trust programme last month.
“Before I started I didn’t feel confident finding employment, but now I feel so much more positive and my communication and teamwork skills have improved massively,” admitted the 19-year-old.
Darius has now gained a job with Costain, the engineering provider which helped deliver the Ford Britain Trust-funded project.
You may also want to watch:
“The course has really helped me in my journey,” he added.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs