Chadwell Heath builder cements career with construction programme
- Credit: Archant
Budding builders are on track for a new career after cementing their skills.
Nine unemployed 18 to 21-year-olds tried their hands at everything from steel fixing to cement pouring as part of a two-week Get into Construction scheme – including practising their skills at the Chadwell Heath Crossrail site.
Darius Ledeatte-Williams, of Chadwell Heath, says he feels like a “different person” since joining The Prince’s Trust programme last month.
“Before I started I didn’t feel confident finding employment, but now I feel so much more positive and my communication and teamwork skills have improved massively,” admitted the 19-year-old.
Darius has now gained a job with Costain, the engineering provider which helped deliver the Ford Britain Trust-funded project.
You may also want to watch:
“The course has really helped me in my journey,” he added.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 5 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules