Chadwell Heath supermarket submits plans for petrol station
- Credit: PA WIRE
A supermarket in Chadwell Heath could be set to add a petrol station to its offering.
Sainsbury’s has handed in a planning application to Barking and Dagenham Council to construct a three-pump petrol station with associated kiosk, tanks and canopy within the car park of its High Road store.
A spokesman for the supermarket said: “We’re always seeking to improve our stores and meet the needs of our customers.
“We know that people often like to buy their shopping and get fuel on the same trip, and have put forward plans which will provide local residents with a convenient place to fill up their tanks.”
Earlier this year the company u-turned on plans to build a superstore on the former Sanofi site in Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Although Sainsbury’s still own 10 acres of the development, the retailers announced in June that the proposed 61,600sq ft shop will not be built.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning