Chadwell Heath supermarket submits plans for petrol station
- Credit: PA WIRE
A supermarket in Chadwell Heath could be set to add a petrol station to its offering.
Sainsbury’s has handed in a planning application to Barking and Dagenham Council to construct a three-pump petrol station with associated kiosk, tanks and canopy within the car park of its High Road store.
A spokesman for the supermarket said: “We’re always seeking to improve our stores and meet the needs of our customers.
“We know that people often like to buy their shopping and get fuel on the same trip, and have put forward plans which will provide local residents with a convenient place to fill up their tanks.”
Earlier this year the company u-turned on plans to build a superstore on the former Sanofi site in Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Although Sainsbury’s still own 10 acres of the development, the retailers announced in June that the proposed 61,600sq ft shop will not be built.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.