Chadwell Heath supermarket submits plans for petrol station
- Credit: PA WIRE
A supermarket in Chadwell Heath could be set to add a petrol station to its offering.
Sainsbury’s has handed in a planning application to Barking and Dagenham Council to construct a three-pump petrol station with associated kiosk, tanks and canopy within the car park of its High Road store.
A spokesman for the supermarket said: “We’re always seeking to improve our stores and meet the needs of our customers.
“We know that people often like to buy their shopping and get fuel on the same trip, and have put forward plans which will provide local residents with a convenient place to fill up their tanks.”
Earlier this year the company u-turned on plans to build a superstore on the former Sanofi site in Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Although Sainsbury’s still own 10 acres of the development, the retailers announced in June that the proposed 61,600sq ft shop will not be built.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?