Chadwell Heath supermarket submits plans for petrol station
- Credit: PA WIRE
A supermarket in Chadwell Heath could be set to add a petrol station to its offering.
Sainsbury’s has handed in a planning application to Barking and Dagenham Council to construct a three-pump petrol station with associated kiosk, tanks and canopy within the car park of its High Road store.
A spokesman for the supermarket said: “We’re always seeking to improve our stores and meet the needs of our customers.
“We know that people often like to buy their shopping and get fuel on the same trip, and have put forward plans which will provide local residents with a convenient place to fill up their tanks.”
Earlier this year the company u-turned on plans to build a superstore on the former Sanofi site in Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Although Sainsbury’s still own 10 acres of the development, the retailers announced in June that the proposed 61,600sq ft shop will not be built.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars