Coronavirus: Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce organises grant conference call
- Credit: Ken Mears
Companies across the borough are invited to find out more about the support available to small businesses during the coronavirus crisis.
A conference call has been set up by the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce to discuss the benefits available through the business grant fund scheme.
This has seen the government authorise councils to make payments of £10,000 or £25,000 to businesses with less than 50 employees who can demonstrate a significant drop in income due to coronavirus restriction measures.
Businesses who may be eligible include those in shared spaces, market traders and small charity properties.
Hassan Qayyam from Barking and Dagenham Council’s business rates team will be on the conference call, which can accommodate up to 50 callers.
You may also want to watch:
To join, call 03330 110945 from 11am on Wednesday, May 20, using conference room number 16537581# and guest pin: 6227#
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears