Coronavirus: Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce organises grant conference call
- Credit: Ken Mears
Companies across the borough are invited to find out more about the support available to small businesses during the coronavirus crisis.
A conference call has been set up by the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce to discuss the benefits available through the business grant fund scheme.
This has seen the government authorise councils to make payments of £10,000 or £25,000 to businesses with less than 50 employees who can demonstrate a significant drop in income due to coronavirus restriction measures.
Businesses who may be eligible include those in shared spaces, market traders and small charity properties.
Hassan Qayyam from Barking and Dagenham Council’s business rates team will be on the conference call, which can accommodate up to 50 callers.
You may also want to watch:
To join, call 03330 110945 from 11am on Wednesday, May 20, using conference room number 16537581# and guest pin: 6227#
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences