Cream of Barking and Dagenham businesses to attend east London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds are expected to attend an annual exhibition promoting some of east London’s top businesses.
The East London EXPO, now in its fourth year, will see a variety of companies come together under one roof to show off their wares and meet and greet with potential new customers.
This year the event, supported by the Barking and Dagenham Post, will take place in the grounds of Barking Rugby Club in Gale Street, near to the A13, from 10am to 6pm on Wednesday, October 16.
It will include free business seminars throughout the day with a networking event from 6pm to 8pm.
Mary Clements, of the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce, said: “It’s an opportunity for businesses to showcase themselves, which in turn helps to showcase the best of east London and Barking and Dagenham.”
She explained exhibiting businesses had won large contracts in previous years which they said they “never would have got if they hadn’t been exhibiting”.
Those already filling some of the sought-after spots include media group Archant, owners of the Post and Recorder newspapers, business east, Garrods of Barking, and Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club.
- 1 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 6 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 7 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 8 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham dealer supplied Class A drugs to Colchester users
Jamie Banks, chairman of the EXPO’s organising committee, said: “We are expecting to welcome back hundreds of the region’s business owners and managers to the event where they will find some 65 or more stands with leading businesses offering goods and services, and actively seeking trading opportunities.
“East London EXPO strives to raise the profile of East London and its strong and growing business base. Everyone with a business, or an interest in doing business, in the area should attend.”
• To find out more visit eastlondonexpo.co.uk or contact Mary Clements on 020 8591 6966, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow @EastLondonExpo for regular updates.