Dagenham animation graduate launches 3D special effects business
- Credit: Archant
An animation student could be set for a career in the bright lights of Hollywood after launching his own 3D special effects business.
Mo Mousavi, 23, from Dagenham, has already worked on an upcoming independent film and launched his company, White Crow Productions, in the hope of making his mark upon the industry.
The Barking & Dagenham College graduate, who concluded his BA in animation last month, produced a 3D credits sequence for ‘Death Walks’, filmed in nearby Romford and scheduled for release later this year.
In fact the director was so impressed with his work, Mo is now set to begin work on his next film, ‘No Reason’, giving him the confidence to launch his business.
“I really enjoyed working on Death Walks and that motivated me to set up my own business,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“White Crow Productions is just me at the moment but I’m hoping to recruit other graduates so that I can really grow the company.”
Although so far focusing on films, Mo hopes to expand his horizons to include effects for both the small and silver screens.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
As a child he began to enjoy films and animation in particular, after seeing his brother Mehdi complete an animation course himself at the college.
After deciding to follow suit, Mo first completed a foundation degree in video production before a one year top-up to achieve his BA in animation.
He added: “The college’s animation course has been really beneficial to me and with the added resources I really hope that my company can be a huge success.”
For more information visit whitecrowproduction.com.