Dagenham animation graduate launches 3D special effects business
- Credit: Archant
An animation student could be set for a career in the bright lights of Hollywood after launching his own 3D special effects business.
Mo Mousavi, 23, from Dagenham, has already worked on an upcoming independent film and launched his company, White Crow Productions, in the hope of making his mark upon the industry.
The Barking & Dagenham College graduate, who concluded his BA in animation last month, produced a 3D credits sequence for ‘Death Walks’, filmed in nearby Romford and scheduled for release later this year.
In fact the director was so impressed with his work, Mo is now set to begin work on his next film, ‘No Reason’, giving him the confidence to launch his business.
“I really enjoyed working on Death Walks and that motivated me to set up my own business,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“White Crow Productions is just me at the moment but I’m hoping to recruit other graduates so that I can really grow the company.”
Although so far focusing on films, Mo hopes to expand his horizons to include effects for both the small and silver screens.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
As a child he began to enjoy films and animation in particular, after seeing his brother Mehdi complete an animation course himself at the college.
After deciding to follow suit, Mo first completed a foundation degree in video production before a one year top-up to achieve his BA in animation.
He added: “The college’s animation course has been really beneficial to me and with the added resources I really hope that my company can be a huge success.”
For more information visit whitecrowproduction.com.