Dagenham animation graduate launches 3D special effects business
- Credit: Archant
An animation student could be set for a career in the bright lights of Hollywood after launching his own 3D special effects business.
Mo Mousavi, 23, from Dagenham, has already worked on an upcoming independent film and launched his company, White Crow Productions, in the hope of making his mark upon the industry.
The Barking & Dagenham College graduate, who concluded his BA in animation last month, produced a 3D credits sequence for ‘Death Walks’, filmed in nearby Romford and scheduled for release later this year.
In fact the director was so impressed with his work, Mo is now set to begin work on his next film, ‘No Reason’, giving him the confidence to launch his business.
“I really enjoyed working on Death Walks and that motivated me to set up my own business,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“White Crow Productions is just me at the moment but I’m hoping to recruit other graduates so that I can really grow the company.”
Although so far focusing on films, Mo hopes to expand his horizons to include effects for both the small and silver screens.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
As a child he began to enjoy films and animation in particular, after seeing his brother Mehdi complete an animation course himself at the college.
After deciding to follow suit, Mo first completed a foundation degree in video production before a one year top-up to achieve his BA in animation.
He added: “The college’s animation course has been really beneficial to me and with the added resources I really hope that my company can be a huge success.”
For more information visit whitecrowproduction.com.