Dagenham chippy named best takeaway in north London
- Credit: Archant
A chippy in Dagenham has been named as the best takeaway in north London.
The Golden Fish, in Becontree Avenue, received the award from Tess Daly and Vernon Kay at the prestigious British Takeaway Awards on Monday night, at the glamorous Savoy Hotel.
Although Dagenham is usually thought of as east London, the awards organisers split the capital into two categories – north and south.
The judges said they liked the eatery’s use of high-quality ingredients to produce the freshest tasting fish in town.
Earlier this year the shop battered the national competition to receive an award for serving the best chips in the country.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 68,000 people voted in the Potato Council’s Choice Chip Award, leaving The Golden Fish to collect its gong in February, after nearly half a century of local service.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election