Dagenham chippy named best takeaway in north London
- Credit: Archant
A chippy in Dagenham has been named as the best takeaway in north London.
The Golden Fish, in Becontree Avenue, received the award from Tess Daly and Vernon Kay at the prestigious British Takeaway Awards on Monday night, at the glamorous Savoy Hotel.
Although Dagenham is usually thought of as east London, the awards organisers split the capital into two categories – north and south.
The judges said they liked the eatery’s use of high-quality ingredients to produce the freshest tasting fish in town.
Earlier this year the shop battered the national competition to receive an award for serving the best chips in the country.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 68,000 people voted in the Potato Council’s Choice Chip Award, leaving The Golden Fish to collect its gong in February, after nearly half a century of local service.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL