Dagenham chippy named best takeaway in north London
- Credit: Archant
A chippy in Dagenham has been named as the best takeaway in north London.
The Golden Fish, in Becontree Avenue, received the award from Tess Daly and Vernon Kay at the prestigious British Takeaway Awards on Monday night, at the glamorous Savoy Hotel.
Although Dagenham is usually thought of as east London, the awards organisers split the capital into two categories – north and south.
The judges said they liked the eatery’s use of high-quality ingredients to produce the freshest tasting fish in town.
Earlier this year the shop battered the national competition to receive an award for serving the best chips in the country.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 68,000 people voted in the Potato Council’s Choice Chip Award, leaving The Golden Fish to collect its gong in February, after nearly half a century of local service.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham