Dagenham Co-op reopens after £310k renovation
- Credit: Vickie Flores
A food shop in Dagenham has reopened following a £310,000 transformation.
The Co-operative food store, in Gale Street, cut the ribbon on a new in-store bakery range and a focus on fresh, healthy foods and essentials.
The store is also pioneering a new role, known as a community pioneer, where a member of the food store team will work to foster involvement in community activities, from local fundraising initiatives to helping to understand and develop solutions to meet community needs.
Store manager Tommy Roberts said: “We are thrilled to have made such a significant investment in Dagenham, and delighted that we have a fantastic new food store with which to serve the community – it is an exciting time for the whole team.
“The Co-operative is a community retailer, and we are committed to playing an active role in local life, embracing the area’s community spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“The store will be a hub for the local community, and customers will be able to find out what is going on locally, and learn about how The Co-operative can benefit local groups.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham