Dagenham drug company prepares to unveil legacy masterplan
Pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-aventis is preparing to unveil multi-million pound regeneration plans in Dagenham.
A billboard has been erected by the company in Rainham Road South to encourage businesses to settle there from 2013 once it has left the site.
The company, which employs about 400 workers, intends to rejuvenate the site with a masterplan featuring new laboratories, offices, warehouses, retail facilities and perhaps a health centre.
More details of its “legacy plans” that will see its 108 hectare factory site turned into a vibrant business park will be revealed on June 20.
The global drug manufacturer is pulling out of Rainham Road South in 2013 due to flagging demand for its cancer drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Under the new scheme, a health clinic would open in phase one of the development, the nearby “signature building” would be redeveloped in phase two and a new office block would be built behind the clinic in the third part.
New warehouses and workshops would then be added, more offices and labs, and finally a large building would open at the back.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
Sanofi site manager, Jim Moretta, said: “Significant progress has been made on our regeneration programme over the past few weeks and we are now in a position where we can provide more details with regard to our masterplan.”
A public meeting giving details of the masterplan is at the plant’s sports club in Rainham Road South from 7pm-8.30pm on June 20.