Dagenham drug company prepares to unveil legacy masterplan
Pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-aventis is preparing to unveil multi-million pound regeneration plans in Dagenham.
A billboard has been erected by the company in Rainham Road South to encourage businesses to settle there from 2013 once it has left the site.
The company, which employs about 400 workers, intends to rejuvenate the site with a masterplan featuring new laboratories, offices, warehouses, retail facilities and perhaps a health centre.
More details of its “legacy plans” that will see its 108 hectare factory site turned into a vibrant business park will be revealed on June 20.
The global drug manufacturer is pulling out of Rainham Road South in 2013 due to flagging demand for its cancer drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Under the new scheme, a health clinic would open in phase one of the development, the nearby “signature building” would be redeveloped in phase two and a new office block would be built behind the clinic in the third part.
New warehouses and workshops would then be added, more offices and labs, and finally a large building would open at the back.
- 1 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
- 3 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
Sanofi site manager, Jim Moretta, said: “Significant progress has been made on our regeneration programme over the past few weeks and we are now in a position where we can provide more details with regard to our masterplan.”
A public meeting giving details of the masterplan is at the plant’s sports club in Rainham Road South from 7pm-8.30pm on June 20.