Dagenham florist launches cemetery flower delivery service
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who has lost a loved one knows the emotional significance of laying flowers at a grave.
But what happens when relatives become incapable of visiting the sites of their families because of geographical, logistical or health barriers?
A pioneering florist in Dagenham is offering a solution to the problem by launching its own cemetery delivery service – “Precious Moments”.
The Flowerbox, in Becontree Avenue, will lay flowers, wreathes and posies by the graves of families and friends, and will even send photographs of the end result.
Owner Donna Pike, 34, opened her shop almost two years ago and insists the latest service is an important step for the business.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a unique service – we’re the only people out there offering this,” she said.
“It’s something we’ve actually been planning for a while now but it was still a proud moment to finally launch and deliver our first set of flowers.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?
“It can be hard for people to get to cemeteries – they might have moved out of the area, struggle getting out the house or even have busy work commitments.”
The florist is offering the service both on a regular basis and for special occasions such as anniversaries and birthdays.
Donna, who also owns the neighbouring Parytbox – highly commended at this year’s Barking and Dagenham Business Awards – told the Post all feedback had been positive so far.
For more information visit flowerboxonline.com