Dagenham haulage firm invests millions in cutting-edge technology
Millions of pounds worth of investment in cutting edge technology is being made by a leading haulage firm in a bid to make it a leading player in the transport sector.
Online Roadways, of Dagenham, has made the investment into the new Electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) system which pinpoints the exact location a customers’ goods have been delivered and records a time and signature from the recipient.
The firm, which is based in Freshwater Road and employs some 100 staff, said the system will provide instant updates for customers on where their goods were being transported.
Dave Boxall, transport co-ordinator for Online Roadways, said: “This major investment is transforming the way we work and we are delighted to be able to announce such positive news when many other businesses are having to cut back.
“Investment like this gives our customers the edge and is great news for the local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
Online Roadways was founded 30 years ago in Dagenham providing daily hire of vehicles and drivers for deliveries throughout the south east of England and now works for both national and international clients.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers