Dagenham haulage firm invests millions in cutting-edge technology
Millions of pounds worth of investment in cutting edge technology is being made by a leading haulage firm in a bid to make it a leading player in the transport sector.
Online Roadways, of Dagenham, has made the investment into the new Electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) system which pinpoints the exact location a customers’ goods have been delivered and records a time and signature from the recipient.
The firm, which is based in Freshwater Road and employs some 100 staff, said the system will provide instant updates for customers on where their goods were being transported.
Dave Boxall, transport co-ordinator for Online Roadways, said: “This major investment is transforming the way we work and we are delighted to be able to announce such positive news when many other businesses are having to cut back.
“Investment like this gives our customers the edge and is great news for the local economy.”
Online Roadways was founded 30 years ago in Dagenham providing daily hire of vehicles and drivers for deliveries throughout the south east of England and now works for both national and international clients.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough