Dagenham haulage firm invests millions in cutting-edge technology
Millions of pounds worth of investment in cutting edge technology is being made by a leading haulage firm in a bid to make it a leading player in the transport sector.
Online Roadways, of Dagenham, has made the investment into the new Electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) system which pinpoints the exact location a customers’ goods have been delivered and records a time and signature from the recipient.
The firm, which is based in Freshwater Road and employs some 100 staff, said the system will provide instant updates for customers on where their goods were being transported.
Dave Boxall, transport co-ordinator for Online Roadways, said: “This major investment is transforming the way we work and we are delighted to be able to announce such positive news when many other businesses are having to cut back.
“Investment like this gives our customers the edge and is great news for the local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
Online Roadways was founded 30 years ago in Dagenham providing daily hire of vehicles and drivers for deliveries throughout the south east of England and now works for both national and international clients.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper