Dagenham McDonald’s scoops toilet award
- Credit: PA WIRE
While the Hollywood A-listers bask in their Golden Globe success, a fast-food eatery in Dagenham has scooped a top prize of its own.
The Cook Road McDonald’s restaurant was showered with praise at the annual Loo of the Year awards – dubbed the ‘Toilet Oscars’ – which recognises and rewards the best washrooms in the country.
Franchisee Zulfikar Somji and his crew bagged a Platinum Award for the quality of the loos last month, which were judged on a wide range of criteria including cleanliness and hygiene, fixtures and fittings, air quality and décor.
Zulfikar said: “Staff at my Dagenham restaurant work exceptionally hard to ensure our customers enjoy a high quality service throughout their visit, and this includes having access to hygienic and safe washroom facilities.
“Our toilets are maintained to a very high standard for all our customers to enjoy, so it’s a great to be recognised for our ongoing hard work with this prestigious award.”
You may also want to watch:
Promoted by the British Toilet Association, the awards aim to promote the highest standards in public lavatories throughout the UK.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 4 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion