Dagenham McDonald’s scoops toilet award
- Credit: PA WIRE
While the Hollywood A-listers bask in their Golden Globe success, a fast-food eatery in Dagenham has scooped a top prize of its own.
The Cook Road McDonald’s restaurant was showered with praise at the annual Loo of the Year awards – dubbed the ‘Toilet Oscars’ – which recognises and rewards the best washrooms in the country.
Franchisee Zulfikar Somji and his crew bagged a Platinum Award for the quality of the loos last month, which were judged on a wide range of criteria including cleanliness and hygiene, fixtures and fittings, air quality and décor.
Zulfikar said: “Staff at my Dagenham restaurant work exceptionally hard to ensure our customers enjoy a high quality service throughout their visit, and this includes having access to hygienic and safe washroom facilities.
“Our toilets are maintained to a very high standard for all our customers to enjoy, so it’s a great to be recognised for our ongoing hard work with this prestigious award.”
You may also want to watch:
Promoted by the British Toilet Association, the awards aim to promote the highest standards in public lavatories throughout the UK.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020