Dagenham McDonald’s scoops toilet award
- Credit: PA WIRE
While the Hollywood A-listers bask in their Golden Globe success, a fast-food eatery in Dagenham has scooped a top prize of its own.
The Cook Road McDonald’s restaurant was showered with praise at the annual Loo of the Year awards – dubbed the ‘Toilet Oscars’ – which recognises and rewards the best washrooms in the country.
Franchisee Zulfikar Somji and his crew bagged a Platinum Award for the quality of the loos last month, which were judged on a wide range of criteria including cleanliness and hygiene, fixtures and fittings, air quality and décor.
Zulfikar said: “Staff at my Dagenham restaurant work exceptionally hard to ensure our customers enjoy a high quality service throughout their visit, and this includes having access to hygienic and safe washroom facilities.
“Our toilets are maintained to a very high standard for all our customers to enjoy, so it’s a great to be recognised for our ongoing hard work with this prestigious award.”
You may also want to watch:
Promoted by the British Toilet Association, the awards aim to promote the highest standards in public lavatories throughout the UK.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 5 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 9 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police