Dagenham McDonald’s scoops toilet award
- Credit: PA WIRE
While the Hollywood A-listers bask in their Golden Globe success, a fast-food eatery in Dagenham has scooped a top prize of its own.
The Cook Road McDonald’s restaurant was showered with praise at the annual Loo of the Year awards – dubbed the ‘Toilet Oscars’ – which recognises and rewards the best washrooms in the country.
Franchisee Zulfikar Somji and his crew bagged a Platinum Award for the quality of the loos last month, which were judged on a wide range of criteria including cleanliness and hygiene, fixtures and fittings, air quality and décor.
Zulfikar said: “Staff at my Dagenham restaurant work exceptionally hard to ensure our customers enjoy a high quality service throughout their visit, and this includes having access to hygienic and safe washroom facilities.
“Our toilets are maintained to a very high standard for all our customers to enjoy, so it’s a great to be recognised for our ongoing hard work with this prestigious award.”
You may also want to watch:
Promoted by the British Toilet Association, the awards aim to promote the highest standards in public lavatories throughout the UK.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend