Dagenham teenagers to bring fashion label to Ibiza
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham to Ibiza may seem like a stretch – but for two ambitious youngsters this is exactly where they hope their fashion label makes the cut.
Entrepreneur Charlie Heath, 17, is “thrilled” to be joining his friend Tyler Brown, 19, in relaunching Oblivion Fashion in March.
“Clothing is always been something I’m interested in doing,” admitted the business savvy youngster, who is still busy running the company he launched last year, Heath Cleaning Contractors.
Charlie, of Naseby Road, Dagenham, will be in charge of marketing his friend’s label and making sure the brand reaches beyond the immediate area.
“We’ll be selling the sorts of clothes which the youth wear,” he said, referring to the range of trendy tracksuits and t-shirts soon to be on offer online.
Currently aimed at teenage boys, the pair plan to expand their range to swimwear for girls – and bring the label to party destinations including Magaluf and Ibiza.
“We are getting bigger by the minute, we are growing stronger and stronger,” enthused Charlie, who first met Tyler at Eastbrook Community School in Dagenham Road.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Fire at Barking recycling centre
- 3 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 4 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge supporters hoping for final-day glory
- 9 Two arrested after shooting and stabbing in Barking
- 10 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
Tyler, who lives with his family in Hunters Hall Road, has also teamed up with older sister Hayley Williams, 35, along with some of her friends who are designing the label.
“I can’t wait to launch,” explained the fashion-mad youngster, who gets the custom-made tracksuits through suppliers in Derby and Suffolk before selling them online.
“We’ve wanted to do this for a long time and it will be worth it finally.”
Tyler, who first launched the project in October 2014, is glad to have new blood.
At school the pair “hardly talked”, but their new partnership is working out very well.
“Charlie is a very, very close friend of mind, working together is fun – not stressful.
“I’m getting a lot out of having my own company that I’m very passionate about.”
To pre-order and find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org