Engineering academy set for Dagenham technical park on former Sanofi site
- Credit: Archant
The 17-acre business and technical park on Dagenham’s former Sanofi site has welcomed its first tenant, an engineering training centre.
Facilities management specialists Arcus Solutions have unveiled plans for an engineering training academy at londoneast-uk, set to open in the next few months.
The centre will train Arcus Solutions’ engineers on refrigeration, mechanical and electrical systems for Sainsbury’s supermarkets, convenience stores and petrol stations.
Steve Willis managing director of Arcus Solutions, said: “Our colleagues really are what make the difference to the service we provide to our customers.
“We see our investment in the Arcus Solutions Technical Academy at Londoneast-uk as a vital long-term strategy for developing high quality engineers.”
You may also want to watch:
Aiming to train about 100 people in the first year, the academy will focus on developing apprentices into future engineers while operating courses to upskill existing engineers on new systems and new innovations with plans to extend operations in the future
Until recently Arcus Solutions has been servicing Sainsbury’s facilities on an exclusive basis but now Arcus Solutions is able to extend services to other businesses, offering facilities management, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical work and training on a wider range of engineering skills.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
The multi-million pound deal to create the business and technical park – owned and operated by SOG Group – was agreed in November and is set to create up to 800 jobs within five years.