Famed Bollywood actor and The Great Gatsby star Amitabh Bachchan opens new solicitors in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Famed Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, who has a role in Baz Luhrman’s latest epic The Great Gatsby, was in town to open a new solicitors branch.
The veteran screen star — who is a friend of the firms’ owners — cut the ribbon to the new Caveat Solicitors branch in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 13.
The law firm, which was founded by Rehana Choudhry, has been committed to helping victims of domestic violence and has also been providing pro bono services to local charities and organisations in other parts of London.
That is a practice Rehnana is keen to see continued in Barking and Dagenham.
Caveat Solicitors opened in 2011, and has offices in Shepherds Bush, Harrow, Hounslow and now Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Rehana said: “We are committed to helping the local community and providing excellent client care.”
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 6 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows