Famed Bollywood actor and The Great Gatsby star Amitabh Bachchan opens new solicitors in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Famed Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, who has a role in Baz Luhrman’s latest epic The Great Gatsby, was in town to open a new solicitors branch.
The veteran screen star — who is a friend of the firms’ owners — cut the ribbon to the new Caveat Solicitors branch in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 13.
The law firm, which was founded by Rehana Choudhry, has been committed to helping victims of domestic violence and has also been providing pro bono services to local charities and organisations in other parts of London.
That is a practice Rehnana is keen to see continued in Barking and Dagenham.
Caveat Solicitors opened in 2011, and has offices in Shepherds Bush, Harrow, Hounslow and now Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Rehana said: “We are committed to helping the local community and providing excellent client care.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault