‘Family-friendly’ prize for Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Companies and entrepreneurs have six weeks to get their entries in for this year’s Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Back for a second consecutive year, the recognition scheme features some new categories.
The Business and Social Responsibility prize goes beyond last year’s Green Business specification to include family-friendly working.
“I’d really encourage businesses to have a look around at themselves and work out what they are doing in terms of family-friendly working,” said Chamber president Mark Bass
“Some businesses might not consider themselves world-leading but very often small businesses help people to work and look after their employers, which is what this award’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is open to businesses and individuals based in or trading in the borough.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 29.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket