‘Family-friendly’ prize for Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Companies and entrepreneurs have six weeks to get their entries in for this year’s Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Back for a second consecutive year, the recognition scheme features some new categories.
The Business and Social Responsibility prize goes beyond last year’s Green Business specification to include family-friendly working.
“I’d really encourage businesses to have a look around at themselves and work out what they are doing in terms of family-friendly working,” said Chamber president Mark Bass
“Some businesses might not consider themselves world-leading but very often small businesses help people to work and look after their employers, which is what this award’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is open to businesses and individuals based in or trading in the borough.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 29.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking