‘Family-friendly’ prize for Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Companies and entrepreneurs have six weeks to get their entries in for this year’s Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Back for a second consecutive year, the recognition scheme features some new categories.
The Business and Social Responsibility prize goes beyond last year’s Green Business specification to include family-friendly working.
“I’d really encourage businesses to have a look around at themselves and work out what they are doing in terms of family-friendly working,” said Chamber president Mark Bass
“Some businesses might not consider themselves world-leading but very often small businesses help people to work and look after their employers, which is what this award’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is open to businesses and individuals based in or trading in the borough.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 29.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham