‘Family-friendly’ prize for Barking and Dagenham Business Awards
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Companies and entrepreneurs have six weeks to get their entries in for this year’s Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Back for a second consecutive year, the recognition scheme features some new categories.
The Business and Social Responsibility prize goes beyond last year’s Green Business specification to include family-friendly working.
“I’d really encourage businesses to have a look around at themselves and work out what they are doing in terms of family-friendly working,” said Chamber president Mark Bass
“Some businesses might not consider themselves world-leading but very often small businesses help people to work and look after their employers, which is what this award’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is open to businesses and individuals based in or trading in the borough.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 29.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?