Family fun day to mark Barking Market relaunch
- Credit: Archant
Barking Market will be marking its revamp with a day full of family fun.
The festivities on East Street, Barking, will be taking place between 10am – 5pm on Saturday, September 29, where visitors can also check out the market’s new layout.
The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting at 10am to mark the opening of the relaunched market, before a day of entertainment gets underway.
There will be live music throughout the day, alongside a selection of free rides and craft stalls for the whole family to enjoy.
Children will also be able to get involved by having their face painted or visiting Ark Farm’s educational mobile petting farm, which will be on site for the duration of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Saima Ashraf, deputy leader and cabinet member for community leadership and engagement, said: “The new layout has more open space, which should lead to an even better market in the future.
“I’d like to encourage everyone to check out what’s on offer.”
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 9 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer