Family fun day to mark Barking Market relaunch
- Credit: Archant
Barking Market will be marking its revamp with a day full of family fun.
The festivities on East Street, Barking, will be taking place between 10am – 5pm on Saturday, September 29, where visitors can also check out the market’s new layout.
The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting at 10am to mark the opening of the relaunched market, before a day of entertainment gets underway.
There will be live music throughout the day, alongside a selection of free rides and craft stalls for the whole family to enjoy.
Children will also be able to get involved by having their face painted or visiting Ark Farm’s educational mobile petting farm, which will be on site for the duration of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Saima Ashraf, deputy leader and cabinet member for community leadership and engagement, said: “The new layout has more open space, which should lead to an even better market in the future.
“I’d like to encourage everyone to check out what’s on offer.”
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Letter writing, Ramadan, Cats Protection, Islamophobia and Covid
- 10 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking