Family fun day to mark Barking Market relaunch
- Credit: Archant
Barking Market will be marking its revamp with a day full of family fun.
The festivities on East Street, Barking, will be taking place between 10am – 5pm on Saturday, September 29, where visitors can also check out the market’s new layout.
The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting at 10am to mark the opening of the relaunched market, before a day of entertainment gets underway.
There will be live music throughout the day, alongside a selection of free rides and craft stalls for the whole family to enjoy.
Children will also be able to get involved by having their face painted or visiting Ark Farm’s educational mobile petting farm, which will be on site for the duration of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Saima Ashraf, deputy leader and cabinet member for community leadership and engagement, said: “The new layout has more open space, which should lead to an even better market in the future.
“I’d like to encourage everyone to check out what’s on offer.”
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend