Family fun day to mark Barking Market relaunch
- Credit: Archant
Barking Market will be marking its revamp with a day full of family fun.
The festivities on East Street, Barking, will be taking place between 10am – 5pm on Saturday, September 29, where visitors can also check out the market’s new layout.
The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting at 10am to mark the opening of the relaunched market, before a day of entertainment gets underway.
There will be live music throughout the day, alongside a selection of free rides and craft stalls for the whole family to enjoy.
Children will also be able to get involved by having their face painted or visiting Ark Farm’s educational mobile petting farm, which will be on site for the duration of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Saima Ashraf, deputy leader and cabinet member for community leadership and engagement, said: “The new layout has more open space, which should lead to an even better market in the future.
“I’d like to encourage everyone to check out what’s on offer.”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020