Family run Barking hotel celebrates 25 years of business
- Credit: Archant
A family-run bed and breakfast is celebrating it’s silver anniversary after 25 years spent catering for the people of Barking and Dagenham.
The Barking Park Hotel was launched in 1989 as six-bedroom guest house at 60 Tanner Street but has increased its room number fivefold over the past quarter-century, welcoming about 5,000 guests a year.
Current owner Riaz, who took over following the death of his father, worked as a fashion designer for 20 years prior to entering the tourism industry with his family, and puts the success down to hard work and his Muslim faith.
“I never even dreamed we’d last this long so I’m delighted by the milestone,” he said. “Hopefully we’ll be celebrating the next one in 25 year’s time.
“The hotel’s success is a special blessing from God so I give thanks to the almighty.
You may also want to watch:
“I really enjoy the business because we’re community-focused and I get to meet a lot of new people.”
To celebrate the birthday, hotel staff threw a special party in commemoration and were joined by the Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Hardial Singh Rai.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
Now covering numbers 56 and 58 Tanner Street also, the hotel has welcomed a broad clientele over the years, including a number of touring continental cyclists - attracted by its affordablity and location near to some of the capital’s famous routes.
Riaz also works closely with Barking and Dagenham Council’s social services department, and often offers temporary accommodation to those in need.
Fore more information visit barkingparkhotel.com