Firms fined £25,000 for illegally renting out former Dagenham pub
- Credit: Archant
A director and two property companies have been fined £25,000 after a mum and child were found living illegally in a “squalid” converted pub.
Officers found the pair living in a bedsit at The Bull, in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, which had faulty and dangerous wiring, earlier this year.
Nikolay Nikolov, previously the director of NKK Property Limited until its dissolution, along with Milegate Ltd and NKK Property London Limited, pleaded guilty to not licensing the pub as a multi-occupancy home.
Council officers discovered Nikolov was an agent of freehold-owners Milegate Ltd, which leased the pub to NKK Property.
He also acted as managing agent and rent collector for NKK.
You may also want to watch:
Milegate Ltd and NKK Property London were both fined £10,000 and forced to pay costs of £570 each at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on September 30.
Nikolov was fined £5,000 and forced to pay costs of £570.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We will not tolerate landlords renting out squalid, dangerous and overcrowded properties just to make a quick buck.”