Firms fined £25,000 for illegally renting out former Dagenham pub
- Credit: Archant
A director and two property companies have been fined £25,000 after a mum and child were found living illegally in a “squalid” converted pub.
Officers found the pair living in a bedsit at The Bull, in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, which had faulty and dangerous wiring, earlier this year.
Nikolay Nikolov, previously the director of NKK Property Limited until its dissolution, along with Milegate Ltd and NKK Property London Limited, pleaded guilty to not licensing the pub as a multi-occupancy home.
Council officers discovered Nikolov was an agent of freehold-owners Milegate Ltd, which leased the pub to NKK Property.
He also acted as managing agent and rent collector for NKK.
You may also want to watch:
Milegate Ltd and NKK Property London were both fined £10,000 and forced to pay costs of £570 each at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on September 30.
Nikolov was fined £5,000 and forced to pay costs of £570.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We will not tolerate landlords renting out squalid, dangerous and overcrowded properties just to make a quick buck.”