Fix Auto Dagenham celebrates 10th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle body shop in Dagenham is celebrating its 10th birthday.
The Fix Auto branch in Rainham Road South became the first workshop in the UK to sign up with the North American chain in 2005,
Originally part of Wilsons Toyotas, in Kemp Road, Chadwell Heath, the company set out independently a small team of eight, but now boast a workforce of up to 40.
“The biggest challenge over that time has been keeping up with technology,” said
“Looking back, a Ford Escort had a single computer, but the latest [Volkswagen] Golf has 168 –the development has been phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Over the decade the number of car body drops has fallen by more than a third to about 2,500 across the UK.
Paul added: “The credit crash in 2007 was pretty devastating for the industry, but the price of keeping up with technology has been the biggest challenge, which is why we put such emphasis on training up our staff.”
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
For more information visit fixautodagenham.co.uk.