Fix Auto Dagenham celebrates 10th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle body shop in Dagenham is celebrating its 10th birthday.
The Fix Auto branch in Rainham Road South became the first workshop in the UK to sign up with the North American chain in 2005,
Originally part of Wilsons Toyotas, in Kemp Road, Chadwell Heath, the company set out independently a small team of eight, but now boast a workforce of up to 40.
“The biggest challenge over that time has been keeping up with technology,” said
“Looking back, a Ford Escort had a single computer, but the latest [Volkswagen] Golf has 168 –the development has been phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Over the decade the number of car body drops has fallen by more than a third to about 2,500 across the UK.
Paul added: “The credit crash in 2007 was pretty devastating for the industry, but the price of keeping up with technology has been the biggest challenge, which is why we put such emphasis on training up our staff.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
For more information visit fixautodagenham.co.uk.