Fix Auto Dagenham celebrates 10th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle body shop in Dagenham is celebrating its 10th birthday.
The Fix Auto branch in Rainham Road South became the first workshop in the UK to sign up with the North American chain in 2005,
Originally part of Wilsons Toyotas, in Kemp Road, Chadwell Heath, the company set out independently a small team of eight, but now boast a workforce of up to 40.
“The biggest challenge over that time has been keeping up with technology,” said
“Looking back, a Ford Escort had a single computer, but the latest [Volkswagen] Golf has 168 –the development has been phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Over the decade the number of car body drops has fallen by more than a third to about 2,500 across the UK.
Paul added: “The credit crash in 2007 was pretty devastating for the industry, but the price of keeping up with technology has been the biggest challenge, which is why we put such emphasis on training up our staff.”
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
For more information visit fixautodagenham.co.uk.