Fix Auto Dagenham celebrates 10th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle body shop in Dagenham is celebrating its 10th birthday.
The Fix Auto branch in Rainham Road South became the first workshop in the UK to sign up with the North American chain in 2005,
Originally part of Wilsons Toyotas, in Kemp Road, Chadwell Heath, the company set out independently a small team of eight, but now boast a workforce of up to 40.
“The biggest challenge over that time has been keeping up with technology,” said
“Looking back, a Ford Escort had a single computer, but the latest [Volkswagen] Golf has 168 –the development has been phenomenal.”
You may also want to watch:
Over the decade the number of car body drops has fallen by more than a third to about 2,500 across the UK.
Paul added: “The credit crash in 2007 was pretty devastating for the industry, but the price of keeping up with technology has been the biggest challenge, which is why we put such emphasis on training up our staff.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
For more information visit fixautodagenham.co.uk.