Former nurse sets up personalised care company in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by her work as a nurse, a 25-year-old has launched her own company offering personalised care in the community.
Anneka Hammond set up a franchise of Bluebird Care around four weeks ago and has since employed six staff who visit elderly and disabled people in Barking and Dagenham.
“We offer a variety of services from personal care to shopping visits,” said Anneka. “We have an old fashioned approach, in the sense that we make sure the person we’re working with is put first and gets the service they want.”
Anneka has worked as a nurse, is a qualified social worker and has also cared for her grandmother. She said: “It was this experience that made me want to set up my own company. I wanted to use what I’d learnt and seen to help people in the community while also running my own business.”
“I wasn’t going to run a franchise,” she added. “But then I found out about Bluebird Care and I really liked what they stood for. It’s also good to have a name that people recognise and trust.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Bluebird Care Barking and Dagenham, in Wakering Road, Barking, call 020 8591 1200.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs