Former nurse sets up personalised care company in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by her work as a nurse, a 25-year-old has launched her own company offering personalised care in the community.
Anneka Hammond set up a franchise of Bluebird Care around four weeks ago and has since employed six staff who visit elderly and disabled people in Barking and Dagenham.
“We offer a variety of services from personal care to shopping visits,” said Anneka. “We have an old fashioned approach, in the sense that we make sure the person we’re working with is put first and gets the service they want.”
Anneka has worked as a nurse, is a qualified social worker and has also cared for her grandmother. She said: “It was this experience that made me want to set up my own company. I wanted to use what I’d learnt and seen to help people in the community while also running my own business.”
“I wasn’t going to run a franchise,” she added. “But then I found out about Bluebird Care and I really liked what they stood for. It’s also good to have a name that people recognise and trust.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Bluebird Care Barking and Dagenham, in Wakering Road, Barking, call 020 8591 1200.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 5 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules