Former nurse sets up personalised care company in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by her work as a nurse, a 25-year-old has launched her own company offering personalised care in the community.
Anneka Hammond set up a franchise of Bluebird Care around four weeks ago and has since employed six staff who visit elderly and disabled people in Barking and Dagenham.
“We offer a variety of services from personal care to shopping visits,” said Anneka. “We have an old fashioned approach, in the sense that we make sure the person we’re working with is put first and gets the service they want.”
Anneka has worked as a nurse, is a qualified social worker and has also cared for her grandmother. She said: “It was this experience that made me want to set up my own company. I wanted to use what I’d learnt and seen to help people in the community while also running my own business.”
“I wasn’t going to run a franchise,” she added. “But then I found out about Bluebird Care and I really liked what they stood for. It’s also good to have a name that people recognise and trust.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Bluebird Care Barking and Dagenham, in Wakering Road, Barking, call 020 8591 1200.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham