Former nurse sets up personalised care company in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by her work as a nurse, a 25-year-old has launched her own company offering personalised care in the community.
Anneka Hammond set up a franchise of Bluebird Care around four weeks ago and has since employed six staff who visit elderly and disabled people in Barking and Dagenham.
“We offer a variety of services from personal care to shopping visits,” said Anneka. “We have an old fashioned approach, in the sense that we make sure the person we’re working with is put first and gets the service they want.”
Anneka has worked as a nurse, is a qualified social worker and has also cared for her grandmother. She said: “It was this experience that made me want to set up my own company. I wanted to use what I’d learnt and seen to help people in the community while also running my own business.”
“I wasn’t going to run a franchise,” she added. “But then I found out about Bluebird Care and I really liked what they stood for. It’s also good to have a name that people recognise and trust.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Bluebird Care Barking and Dagenham, in Wakering Road, Barking, call 020 8591 1200.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears