Hundreds apply for Dagenham Tesco Express jobs
More than 300 jobseekers applied for 17 positions at a new Tesco Express store.
The company says all those recruited from the 309 applicants for positions at the new store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, came from the local area.
Store manager, Alan Chittock, and his team promoted the vacancies with the local Job Centre Plus and through local shops.
He said: “We interviewed 57 local people and I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive. In this time of economic uncertainty, it is great that we are able to create jobs for our local community and help get people back into work.
“I am really pleased with my new team and I’m looking forward to working with them. We are delighted to be opening a Tesco Express store on Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, and look forward to playing an active role in the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Store opening hours will be seven days a week from 6am until 11pm. Facilities include a cash machine, self-service tills, top-up-in-store facility, National Lottery counter, and sales of beers, wines and spirits. There will also be a small car park for customers.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham