Hundreds apply for Dagenham Tesco Express jobs
More than 300 jobseekers applied for 17 positions at a new Tesco Express store.
The company says all those recruited from the 309 applicants for positions at the new store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, came from the local area.
Store manager, Alan Chittock, and his team promoted the vacancies with the local Job Centre Plus and through local shops.
He said: “We interviewed 57 local people and I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive. In this time of economic uncertainty, it is great that we are able to create jobs for our local community and help get people back into work.
“I am really pleased with my new team and I’m looking forward to working with them. We are delighted to be opening a Tesco Express store on Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, and look forward to playing an active role in the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Store opening hours will be seven days a week from 6am until 11pm. Facilities include a cash machine, self-service tills, top-up-in-store facility, National Lottery counter, and sales of beers, wines and spirits. There will also be a small car park for customers.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Becontree charity making the most of tech to keep supporting young people