Hundreds apply for Dagenham Tesco Express jobs
More than 300 jobseekers applied for 17 positions at a new Tesco Express store.
The company says all those recruited from the 309 applicants for positions at the new store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, came from the local area.
Store manager, Alan Chittock, and his team promoted the vacancies with the local Job Centre Plus and through local shops.
He said: “We interviewed 57 local people and I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive. In this time of economic uncertainty, it is great that we are able to create jobs for our local community and help get people back into work.
“I am really pleased with my new team and I’m looking forward to working with them. We are delighted to be opening a Tesco Express store on Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, and look forward to playing an active role in the local community.”
Store opening hours will be seven days a week from 6am until 11pm. Facilities include a cash machine, self-service tills, top-up-in-store facility, National Lottery counter, and sales of beers, wines and spirits. There will also be a small car park for customers.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition