Last chance to enter Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce business awards
- Credit: Archant
There are just a couple of weeks left for the borough’s best and brightest business brains to put themselves in the running for a Chamber of Commerce award.
The nomination period for this year’s awards, which are taking place next month, is coming to a close but there is still time to try and follow in the footsteps of last year’s winners, including overall business of the year Sensor Coating Systems.
Managing director Dr Joerg Feist said the company’s victory was a “massive surprise” and added: “We make sure we advertise what we’ve won on all our customer presentations.
“These awards are a great platform to achieve this.”
Categories include business person of the year, which is open to an owner or employee who has developed leadership and motivational ability in running or developing their business.
You may also want to watch:
Candidates must be nominated by someone else.
There is also the chance to win the young business person of the year, which is open to owners or employees aged 30 or under who have had a direct impact on their company’s success.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 4 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
Chamber president Simon Green said “Entering is an excellent way to promote your business and gain recognition for your achievements.
“The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards are a wonderful platform for celebrating and generating business success.”
He added: “Whilst there is a focus on businesses located in Barking and Dagenham, there is also a category for those businesses based outside our area which are doing business in Barking and Dagenham.”
Once the application period closes, the nominees will be whittled down to a shortlist of 33 - three in each category, except for the business of the year which is chosen from all other category winners - and they will be invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The black tie event will take place at Dagenham and Redbridge FC on the evening of Thursday, July 19.
Winners will receive an engraved trophy and a framed certificate, while the runners-up in each category will receive a certificate.
A full list of categories and the application forms are available from bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk. Forms must be submitted no later than 5pm on Tuesday, June 26.