Last chance to enter Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce business awards
- Credit: Archant
There are just a couple of weeks left for the borough’s best and brightest business brains to put themselves in the running for a Chamber of Commerce award.
The nomination period for this year’s awards, which are taking place next month, is coming to a close but there is still time to try and follow in the footsteps of last year’s winners, including overall business of the year Sensor Coating Systems.
Managing director Dr Joerg Feist said the company’s victory was a “massive surprise” and added: “We make sure we advertise what we’ve won on all our customer presentations.
“These awards are a great platform to achieve this.”
Categories include business person of the year, which is open to an owner or employee who has developed leadership and motivational ability in running or developing their business.
Candidates must be nominated by someone else.
There is also the chance to win the young business person of the year, which is open to owners or employees aged 30 or under who have had a direct impact on their company’s success.
- 1 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 2 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 7 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham dealer supplied Class A drugs to Colchester users
Chamber president Simon Green said “Entering is an excellent way to promote your business and gain recognition for your achievements.
“The Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce Business Awards are a wonderful platform for celebrating and generating business success.”
He added: “Whilst there is a focus on businesses located in Barking and Dagenham, there is also a category for those businesses based outside our area which are doing business in Barking and Dagenham.”
Once the application period closes, the nominees will be whittled down to a shortlist of 33 - three in each category, except for the business of the year which is chosen from all other category winners - and they will be invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The black tie event will take place at Dagenham and Redbridge FC on the evening of Thursday, July 19.
Winners will receive an engraved trophy and a framed certificate, while the runners-up in each category will receive a certificate.
A full list of categories and the application forms are available from bdchamberbusinessawards.co.uk. Forms must be submitted no later than 5pm on Tuesday, June 26.