Longer opening hours as Becontree Avenue, Dagenham post office relocates
- Credit: Archant
A revamped post office has been officially opened at a new location.
Becontree Avenue Post Office in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham was relocated to the newly refurbished unit next door, Bodson Wine Store.
The branch, which will open almost 50 hours longer a week, was officially opened on Friday with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Subpostmaster Mr Ganesh Balasubramaniam was joined by ward councillors Evelyn Carpenter and James Ogungbose.
Cllr Carpenter said: “I am delighted to be opening this relocated post office with impressively long opening hours. I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by local residents and businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The changes, which include an a more open-plan retail look, are part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital