Longer opening hours as Becontree Avenue, Dagenham post office relocates
- Credit: Archant
A revamped post office has been officially opened at a new location.
Becontree Avenue Post Office in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham was relocated to the newly refurbished unit next door, Bodson Wine Store.
The branch, which will open almost 50 hours longer a week, was officially opened on Friday with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Subpostmaster Mr Ganesh Balasubramaniam was joined by ward councillors Evelyn Carpenter and James Ogungbose.
Cllr Carpenter said: “I am delighted to be opening this relocated post office with impressively long opening hours. I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by local residents and businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The changes, which include an a more open-plan retail look, are part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020