Longer opening hours as Becontree Avenue, Dagenham post office relocates
- Credit: Archant
A revamped post office has been officially opened at a new location.
Becontree Avenue Post Office in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham was relocated to the newly refurbished unit next door, Bodson Wine Store.
The branch, which will open almost 50 hours longer a week, was officially opened on Friday with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Subpostmaster Mr Ganesh Balasubramaniam was joined by ward councillors Evelyn Carpenter and James Ogungbose.
Cllr Carpenter said: “I am delighted to be opening this relocated post office with impressively long opening hours. I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by local residents and businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The changes, which include an a more open-plan retail look, are part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend