Longer opening hours as Becontree Avenue, Dagenham post office relocates
- Credit: Archant
A revamped post office has been officially opened at a new location.
Becontree Avenue Post Office in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham was relocated to the newly refurbished unit next door, Bodson Wine Store.
The branch, which will open almost 50 hours longer a week, was officially opened on Friday with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Subpostmaster Mr Ganesh Balasubramaniam was joined by ward councillors Evelyn Carpenter and James Ogungbose.
Cllr Carpenter said: “I am delighted to be opening this relocated post office with impressively long opening hours. I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by local residents and businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The changes, which include an a more open-plan retail look, are part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets