Milk giants inject £5million into Chadwell Heath dairy
- Credit: Archant
Milk giants are set to invest £5million to improve facilities and efficiency at a dairy.
Dairy Crest will inject the capital into its Dagenham dairy in Chadwell Heath to fund a number of improvement projects.
The site is one of the firm’s “three key dairies” following the closure of two others in Liverpool and Cambridge last year.
“The site is going from strength to strength,” said a Dairy Crest spokesman.
“The expenditure will update and improve facilities on the site and generally make us more efficient. It demonstrates our commitment to our Chadwell Heath dairy.”
You may also want to watch:
The company recently retained a major contract to supply milk to Sainsbury’s supermarkets through to 2017. A restructuring of the organisation from April 1 this year has led to anticipated savings of around £5million annually.
The Selinas Lane processing plant produces 400million litres of milk a year and employees 384 workers.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Dagenham fall to heavy defeat at Eastleigh