Morrisons Becontree Heath introduces ‘express’ checkouts
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nipping to the shops could become a quicker experience at one Dagenham supermarket with the introduction of ‘express checkouts’.
Morrisons Becontree Heath, in Wood Lane, have opened two speedy lanes for customers buying 10 items or less.
One will be operational from 8am to 8pm with both running during the daily peak shopping periods of between 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
Mark Smith from the store said: “We’re listening hard to our customers and responding quickly wherever possible.
“If customers from time to time do smaller shops, they want to get in and out of our stores quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“We are responding by introducing express checkouts which shoppers with ten items or less can use.
“These checkouts - and our very helpful staff - will offer a quick and personal service, helping to keep queues low and improving thousands of shopping trips.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 8 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 9 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 10 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
The development comes after Morrisons retail team and chief executive David Potts asked colleagues and customers how to make the shopping at Morrisons better.
Recent improvements have included the introduction of contactless payment, new in-store music playlists, the redesign of stores and a major spring-clean of stores nationwide.