Morrisons Becontree Heath introduces ‘express’ checkouts
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nipping to the shops could become a quicker experience at one Dagenham supermarket with the introduction of ‘express checkouts’.
Morrisons Becontree Heath, in Wood Lane, have opened two speedy lanes for customers buying 10 items or less.
One will be operational from 8am to 8pm with both running during the daily peak shopping periods of between 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
Mark Smith from the store said: “We’re listening hard to our customers and responding quickly wherever possible.
“If customers from time to time do smaller shops, they want to get in and out of our stores quickly.
“We are responding by introducing express checkouts which shoppers with ten items or less can use.
“These checkouts - and our very helpful staff - will offer a quick and personal service, helping to keep queues low and improving thousands of shopping trips.”
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
The development comes after Morrisons retail team and chief executive David Potts asked colleagues and customers how to make the shopping at Morrisons better.
Recent improvements have included the introduction of contactless payment, new in-store music playlists, the redesign of stores and a major spring-clean of stores nationwide.