Morrisons Becontree Heath introduces ‘express’ checkouts
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nipping to the shops could become a quicker experience at one Dagenham supermarket with the introduction of ‘express checkouts’.
Morrisons Becontree Heath, in Wood Lane, have opened two speedy lanes for customers buying 10 items or less.
One will be operational from 8am to 8pm with both running during the daily peak shopping periods of between 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
Mark Smith from the store said: “We’re listening hard to our customers and responding quickly wherever possible.
“If customers from time to time do smaller shops, they want to get in and out of our stores quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“We are responding by introducing express checkouts which shoppers with ten items or less can use.
“These checkouts - and our very helpful staff - will offer a quick and personal service, helping to keep queues low and improving thousands of shopping trips.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
The development comes after Morrisons retail team and chief executive David Potts asked colleagues and customers how to make the shopping at Morrisons better.
Recent improvements have included the introduction of contactless payment, new in-store music playlists, the redesign of stores and a major spring-clean of stores nationwide.