Morrisons Becontree Heath introduces ‘express’ checkouts
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nipping to the shops could become a quicker experience at one Dagenham supermarket with the introduction of ‘express checkouts’.
Morrisons Becontree Heath, in Wood Lane, have opened two speedy lanes for customers buying 10 items or less.
One will be operational from 8am to 8pm with both running during the daily peak shopping periods of between 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
Mark Smith from the store said: “We’re listening hard to our customers and responding quickly wherever possible.
“If customers from time to time do smaller shops, they want to get in and out of our stores quickly.
“We are responding by introducing express checkouts which shoppers with ten items or less can use.
“These checkouts - and our very helpful staff - will offer a quick and personal service, helping to keep queues low and improving thousands of shopping trips.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
The development comes after Morrisons retail team and chief executive David Potts asked colleagues and customers how to make the shopping at Morrisons better.
Recent improvements have included the introduction of contactless payment, new in-store music playlists, the redesign of stores and a major spring-clean of stores nationwide.