Morrisons Becontree Heath introduces ‘express’ checkouts
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nipping to the shops could become a quicker experience at one Dagenham supermarket with the introduction of ‘express checkouts’.
Morrisons Becontree Heath, in Wood Lane, have opened two speedy lanes for customers buying 10 items or less.
One will be operational from 8am to 8pm with both running during the daily peak shopping periods of between 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
Mark Smith from the store said: “We’re listening hard to our customers and responding quickly wherever possible.
“If customers from time to time do smaller shops, they want to get in and out of our stores quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“We are responding by introducing express checkouts which shoppers with ten items or less can use.
“These checkouts - and our very helpful staff - will offer a quick and personal service, helping to keep queues low and improving thousands of shopping trips.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
The development comes after Morrisons retail team and chief executive David Potts asked colleagues and customers how to make the shopping at Morrisons better.
Recent improvements have included the introduction of contactless payment, new in-store music playlists, the redesign of stores and a major spring-clean of stores nationwide.