Coronavirus: Morrisons offers NHS workers 10 per cent discount as thank you gesture
- Credit: © Victor De Jesus/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Morrisons has announced a 10 per cent discount on shopping for all NHS heroes to support them through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The offer from the supermarket giant, which has a store in Wood Lane, Dagenham, comes into effect from Thursday April 16.
It is intended as a way of saying thank you to the country’s 1.5million National Health Service workers and lasts until July 12 when it will be reviewed.
It is the latest in a raft of measures introduced by Morrisons including its shopping hour to make sure NHS staff can get hold of groveries as well as a click and collect food box service from hospital car parks.
Morrisons chief executive David Potts said: “This discount is our thank you to all those working in the National Health Service at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are giving them our full support and gratitude as they continue to care for and support the nation during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
NHS staff can present their valid ID card from Thursday to receive the discount on their shopping in all Morrisons stores.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 9 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 10 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination