Coronavirus: Morrisons offers NHS workers 10 per cent discount as thank you gesture
- Credit: © Victor De Jesus/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Morrisons has announced a 10 per cent discount on shopping for all NHS heroes to support them through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The offer from the supermarket giant, which has a store in Wood Lane, Dagenham, comes into effect from Thursday April 16.
It is intended as a way of saying thank you to the country’s 1.5million National Health Service workers and lasts until July 12 when it will be reviewed.
It is the latest in a raft of measures introduced by Morrisons including its shopping hour to make sure NHS staff can get hold of groveries as well as a click and collect food box service from hospital car parks.
Morrisons chief executive David Potts said: “This discount is our thank you to all those working in the National Health Service at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are giving them our full support and gratitude as they continue to care for and support the nation during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
NHS staff can present their valid ID card from Thursday to receive the discount on their shopping in all Morrisons stores.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home