Coronavirus: Morrisons offers NHS workers 10 per cent discount as thank you gesture
- Credit: © Victor De Jesus/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Morrisons has announced a 10 per cent discount on shopping for all NHS heroes to support them through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The offer from the supermarket giant, which has a store in Wood Lane, Dagenham, comes into effect from Thursday April 16.
It is intended as a way of saying thank you to the country’s 1.5million National Health Service workers and lasts until July 12 when it will be reviewed.
It is the latest in a raft of measures introduced by Morrisons including its shopping hour to make sure NHS staff can get hold of groveries as well as a click and collect food box service from hospital car parks.
Morrisons chief executive David Potts said: “This discount is our thank you to all those working in the National Health Service at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are giving them our full support and gratitude as they continue to care for and support the nation during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
NHS staff can present their valid ID card from Thursday to receive the discount on their shopping in all Morrisons stores.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham