Coronavirus: Morrisons offers NHS workers 10 per cent discount as thank you gesture
- Credit: © Victor De Jesus/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Morrisons has announced a 10 per cent discount on shopping for all NHS heroes to support them through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The offer from the supermarket giant, which has a store in Wood Lane, Dagenham, comes into effect from Thursday April 16.
It is intended as a way of saying thank you to the country’s 1.5million National Health Service workers and lasts until July 12 when it will be reviewed.
It is the latest in a raft of measures introduced by Morrisons including its shopping hour to make sure NHS staff can get hold of groveries as well as a click and collect food box service from hospital car parks.
Morrisons chief executive David Potts said: “This discount is our thank you to all those working in the National Health Service at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are giving them our full support and gratitude as they continue to care for and support the nation during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
NHS staff can present their valid ID card from Thursday to receive the discount on their shopping in all Morrisons stores.
- 1 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate