Coronavirus: Morrisons offers NHS workers 10 per cent discount as thank you gesture
- Credit: © Victor De Jesus/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Morrisons has announced a 10 per cent discount on shopping for all NHS heroes to support them through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The offer from the supermarket giant, which has a store in Wood Lane, Dagenham, comes into effect from Thursday April 16.
It is intended as a way of saying thank you to the country’s 1.5million National Health Service workers and lasts until July 12 when it will be reviewed.
It is the latest in a raft of measures introduced by Morrisons including its shopping hour to make sure NHS staff can get hold of groveries as well as a click and collect food box service from hospital car parks.
Morrisons chief executive David Potts said: “This discount is our thank you to all those working in the National Health Service at this very difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are giving them our full support and gratitude as they continue to care for and support the nation during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
NHS staff can present their valid ID card from Thursday to receive the discount on their shopping in all Morrisons stores.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 6 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham