Music venue and homes in plans for Barking shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A hotel, a music venue and a block of homes could soon be coming to a Barking shopping centre.
New plans for Vicarage Field will be unveiled on Thursday next week, as part of a huge redevelopment of the site.
Proposals are set to include new homes, a music venue and new healthcare facilities plus a flexible space for start-up businesses.
The mall will still be a shopping destination, with the centre claiming the redevelopment will feature a “modern retail, restaurant and leisure offer with more choice and variety”, plus a hotel.
An extensive new public realm and green space could also be included.
You may also want to watch:
Designs will be on public display in the shopping centre’s upper level mall on March 10 between 4pm and 8pm, and again on Saturday, March 12, between 12pm and 4pm.
The proposals will also be available to view online.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
Discount chain B and M became the latest addition to the centre last month when they unveiled their home store on the 43,000sq m former Asda site.
Last year Benson Elliot, a UK-based private equity property fund manager, bought the shopping centre for £35million from Lagmar Barking – a joint venture between MAR Properties and the Lagan Developments.
Visit newvicaragefield.co.uk for more information.
What would you like to see in the plans? Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02084773824