Music venue and homes in plans for Barking shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A hotel, a music venue and a block of homes could soon be coming to a Barking shopping centre.
New plans for Vicarage Field will be unveiled on Thursday next week, as part of a huge redevelopment of the site.
Proposals are set to include new homes, a music venue and new healthcare facilities plus a flexible space for start-up businesses.
The mall will still be a shopping destination, with the centre claiming the redevelopment will feature a “modern retail, restaurant and leisure offer with more choice and variety”, plus a hotel.
An extensive new public realm and green space could also be included.
You may also want to watch:
Designs will be on public display in the shopping centre’s upper level mall on March 10 between 4pm and 8pm, and again on Saturday, March 12, between 12pm and 4pm.
The proposals will also be available to view online.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Discount chain B and M became the latest addition to the centre last month when they unveiled their home store on the 43,000sq m former Asda site.
Last year Benson Elliot, a UK-based private equity property fund manager, bought the shopping centre for £35million from Lagmar Barking – a joint venture between MAR Properties and the Lagan Developments.
Visit newvicaragefield.co.uk for more information.
What would you like to see in the plans? Email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02084773824