Music venue and homes in plans for Barking shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A hotel, a music venue and a block of homes could soon be coming to a Barking shopping centre.
New plans for Vicarage Field will be unveiled on Thursday next week, as part of a huge redevelopment of the site.
Proposals are set to include new homes, a music venue and new healthcare facilities plus a flexible space for start-up businesses.
The mall will still be a shopping destination, with the centre claiming the redevelopment will feature a “modern retail, restaurant and leisure offer with more choice and variety”, plus a hotel.
An extensive new public realm and green space could also be included.
You may also want to watch:
Designs will be on public display in the shopping centre’s upper level mall on March 10 between 4pm and 8pm, and again on Saturday, March 12, between 12pm and 4pm.
The proposals will also be available to view online.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
Discount chain B and M became the latest addition to the centre last month when they unveiled their home store on the 43,000sq m former Asda site.
Last year Benson Elliot, a UK-based private equity property fund manager, bought the shopping centre for £35million from Lagmar Barking – a joint venture between MAR Properties and the Lagan Developments.
Visit newvicaragefield.co.uk for more information.
What would you like to see in the plans? Email your thoughts to email@example.com or call 02084773824