NatWest in Heathway, Dagenham to close in June
- Credit: Archant
A branch of the bank, NatWest, is set to close in June “due to lack of demand’, it has been revealed.
The Dagenham Heathway branch, owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), will shut its doors for good, an RBS spokeswoman told the post.
She added: “Customer demand has fallen sharply at our Dagenham branch over the last 12 months and we have taken the difficult decision to close it in June 2013. We have advised staff and will be helping our customers to make alternative arrangements.
“A full branch service is available in Chadwell Heath, which is less than three miles away. We also have a range of other options that our customers can use to access their accounts.”
She said staff would be offered re-deployment opportunities where possible and that compulsory redundancies would be kept to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
How do you feel about the closure of the branch? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3900.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper