NatWest in Heathway, Dagenham to close in June
- Credit: Archant
A branch of the bank, NatWest, is set to close in June “due to lack of demand’, it has been revealed.
The Dagenham Heathway branch, owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), will shut its doors for good, an RBS spokeswoman told the post.
She added: “Customer demand has fallen sharply at our Dagenham branch over the last 12 months and we have taken the difficult decision to close it in June 2013. We have advised staff and will be helping our customers to make alternative arrangements.
“A full branch service is available in Chadwell Heath, which is less than three miles away. We also have a range of other options that our customers can use to access their accounts.”
She said staff would be offered re-deployment opportunities where possible and that compulsory redundancies would be kept to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
How do you feel about the closure of the branch? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3900.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets