NatWest in Heathway, Dagenham to close in June
- Credit: Archant
A branch of the bank, NatWest, is set to close in June “due to lack of demand’, it has been revealed.
The Dagenham Heathway branch, owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), will shut its doors for good, an RBS spokeswoman told the post.
She added: “Customer demand has fallen sharply at our Dagenham branch over the last 12 months and we have taken the difficult decision to close it in June 2013. We have advised staff and will be helping our customers to make alternative arrangements.
“A full branch service is available in Chadwell Heath, which is less than three miles away. We also have a range of other options that our customers can use to access their accounts.”
She said staff would be offered re-deployment opportunities where possible and that compulsory redundancies would be kept to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
How do you feel about the closure of the branch? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3900.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school