NatWest in Heathway, Dagenham to close in June
- Credit: Archant
A branch of the bank, NatWest, is set to close in June “due to lack of demand’, it has been revealed.
The Dagenham Heathway branch, owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), will shut its doors for good, an RBS spokeswoman told the post.
She added: “Customer demand has fallen sharply at our Dagenham branch over the last 12 months and we have taken the difficult decision to close it in June 2013. We have advised staff and will be helping our customers to make alternative arrangements.
“A full branch service is available in Chadwell Heath, which is less than three miles away. We also have a range of other options that our customers can use to access their accounts.”
She said staff would be offered re-deployment opportunities where possible and that compulsory redundancies would be kept to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
How do you feel about the closure of the branch? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3900.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020