New gym set to open in Barking
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas month might be a traditional time of over-indulgence but one nationwide fitness chain is pre-empting the unhealthy season by opening a new gym in Barking.
The Gym group will officially welcome new members to its latest centre at the Clock House, in East Street, from Monday, December 22, although members of the public can have a look inside the building from Saturday, December 13.
Originally from Liverpool is a well-known face in the short history of the borough’s gyms having previously managed Dagenham Pool, Wood Lane and Gorsebrook leisure centres – all of which have now closed – and Abbey Sports Centre.
A recent UK Active report revealed Barking and Dagenham to be the second least active borough in the whole of England, behind only Newham, but Lee inists his new gym can help.
“We really want to get more people active in the borough,” he said. “It’s not the most affluent place in the world, but at our prices much more people can afford the membership and start reaping the benefits.”
You may also want to watch:
Membership costs £16.99 a month or £12.99 for anyone signing up before December 22.
For more information visit thegymgroup.com/find-a-gym/gym/the-gym-barking
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night