New gym set to open in Barking
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas month might be a traditional time of over-indulgence but one nationwide fitness chain is pre-empting the unhealthy season by opening a new gym in Barking.
The Gym group will officially welcome new members to its latest centre at the Clock House, in East Street, from Monday, December 22, although members of the public can have a look inside the building from Saturday, December 13.
Originally from Liverpool is a well-known face in the short history of the borough’s gyms having previously managed Dagenham Pool, Wood Lane and Gorsebrook leisure centres – all of which have now closed – and Abbey Sports Centre.
A recent UK Active report revealed Barking and Dagenham to be the second least active borough in the whole of England, behind only Newham, but Lee inists his new gym can help.
“We really want to get more people active in the borough,” he said. “It’s not the most affluent place in the world, but at our prices much more people can afford the membership and start reaping the benefits.”
You may also want to watch:
Membership costs £16.99 a month or £12.99 for anyone signing up before December 22.
For more information visit thegymgroup.com/find-a-gym/gym/the-gym-barking
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL