New international business brings a taste of Spain to Barking
- Credit: Archant
An international export and import consultancy business is hoping to bring the best of Spain to Britain over coming months.
Tradex Consultancy UK, based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, was set-up last month to link premium Spanish producers to sellers in the UK.
Chief executive Juan Montero, 28, met business partner Jesús Arcas, 30, while studying economic management at university in Malaga and is delighted by the progress already being made.
“It’s always been my dream to launch my own company and to see it taking off so well is fantastic,” he said.
“I love the English culture and to be doing something we’re all genuinely passionate about is great. I’m really excited about the future. “The plan is to expand the company here in the UK, creating more local jobs, and then open another branch in Spain.”
You may also want to watch:
Tradex don’t charge UK companies for their recommendations, instead taking a commission from the Spanish producers.
The company will welcome the top 10 Spanish olive oil companies of 2013 to a three-day international meeting at the Enterprise Centre from March 17. The free event will give British companies interested in the olive oil market a unique chance to meet major players in the industry. Limited places are available.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
In addition to olive oil, the pair also have plans to bring wine and organic produce from Andalusia here.
A former business analyst for the Spanish Embassy, Juan insisted it was the charisma of the centre’s enterprise development manager Mark Kass that drew him to the area.
“He’s a charming guy and is really passionate about local business,” he explained.
“He was really enthusiastic about our business plan and suggested coming down, and here we are.”
n To book a place at the international meeting or for more information visit www.tradexconsultancyuk.com.