One Barking Asda closes as another prepares to open
- Credit: Archant
A new era of Barking supermarket shopping will begin next week with the opening of the new Asda.
The North Street store will officially open to customers at 10am on Thursday, following the closure of the Vicarage Field shop at 10pm tomorrow.
In preparation for the move, 360 staff members came together for a memorable night of bonding on Sunday, August 16.
Mixing the 210 current colleagues with the additional 150 about to join the team, the crowd walked together from the old store to the new supermarket, before descending on the Broadway theatre.
“We just wanted to get everyone together outside of work for a big hello, as we call it in Asdsa,” said customer champion Rickey Lovell.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a good chance to get to know some of the new guys starting, outside of work, which is good for the team.”
Prizes were handed out to staff members for outstanding contributions, while nine-year-old competition winner Harry Turner picked up his Samsung Galaxy tablet for his bag-for-life design.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
The Eastbury Primary School pupil will cut the red ribbon on Thursday.