One Barking Asda closes as another prepares to open
- Credit: Archant
A new era of Barking supermarket shopping will begin next week with the opening of the new Asda.
The North Street store will officially open to customers at 10am on Thursday, following the closure of the Vicarage Field shop at 10pm tomorrow.
In preparation for the move, 360 staff members came together for a memorable night of bonding on Sunday, August 16.
Mixing the 210 current colleagues with the additional 150 about to join the team, the crowd walked together from the old store to the new supermarket, before descending on the Broadway theatre.
“We just wanted to get everyone together outside of work for a big hello, as we call it in Asdsa,” said customer champion Rickey Lovell.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a good chance to get to know some of the new guys starting, outside of work, which is good for the team.”
Prizes were handed out to staff members for outstanding contributions, while nine-year-old competition winner Harry Turner picked up his Samsung Galaxy tablet for his bag-for-life design.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking and Dagenham light festival ends with message of peace
- 4 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Blood donors needed for Covid study as Barking centre set to open
- 8 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
The Eastbury Primary School pupil will cut the red ribbon on Thursday.