Open weekend at Dagenham’s Olympic standard SportHouse
Residents can get a taste of several sports at an Olympic training venue this weekend when a series of free classes are held at SportHouse in Dagenham.
The open weekend will run on both days (Saturday and Sunday October 27/28) at the multi-million pound facility, home to the UK’s largest sports hall.
Prospective members and individuals interested in hiring the venue’s facilities are encouraged to attend the free event by general manager Mandy Sargent.
She said: “The SportHouse team has worked really hard since the club opened in March and we’ve set great foundations for the future as, with the support from the new owners, we strive to become the best sports club in the country.
“The open weekend will provide the local community with the perfect opportunity to not only enjoy our facilities free of charge, but to also meet with the SportHouse team and understand more about how the venue caters to all ages, levels of sporting ability and training needs.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently under new management, SportHouse has world class training facilities. These include a 300 station gym, a 5000m� multi-use sports hall, two full size outdoor basketball courts and access to the newly refurbished Havering Mayesbrook athletics track.
SportHouse has a capacity of up to 6,000 members from elite athletes to beginners and was built as one of only three new Games-Time Training Venues for London 2012.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
The venue was part-funded by the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), who contributed �3.9m towards the �8.1m total build costs.
The free classes are designed for all ages and fitness abilities, and include TRX training, kids football, Zumba, kickboxing and circuits. Places are limited so booking is advised.
Upgrades to changing rooms and the installation of spin bikes have also been implemented by the new owner.
To attend the open weekend, please contact 020 3004 4123 to book a place. For more information visit www.sporthouse.co.uk or follow @sporthouseuk on Twitter.