Pay rise worth up to £10k for Barking and Dagenham Council apprentices
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham Council has given its 42 apprentices a pay rise worth up to £10,000.
The council’s lowest paid apprentices will be given a £9,724 pay rise, while more senior apprentices will receive between £4,313 and £7,826 depending on their age.
They will all now be paid the 2018 London Living Wage, which is a rate of £10.20 per hour.
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: “As a council we are committed to paying all our staff a fair wage, and this increase to apprentices’ salaries is further evidence of our determination to do this.
“We are enthusiastic supporters of the apprenticeship programme and are proud to currently employ 42 apprentices in a variety of service areas across the council.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to encourage our residents to be aspirational and help us grow the borough, to ensure no one gets left behind.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham