Pay rise worth up to £10k for Barking and Dagenham Council apprentices
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham Council has given its 42 apprentices a pay rise worth up to £10,000.
The council’s lowest paid apprentices will be given a £9,724 pay rise, while more senior apprentices will receive between £4,313 and £7,826 depending on their age.
They will all now be paid the 2018 London Living Wage, which is a rate of £10.20 per hour.
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: “As a council we are committed to paying all our staff a fair wage, and this increase to apprentices’ salaries is further evidence of our determination to do this.
“We are enthusiastic supporters of the apprenticeship programme and are proud to currently employ 42 apprentices in a variety of service areas across the council.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to encourage our residents to be aspirational and help us grow the borough, to ensure no one gets left behind.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash