Pictures: Businesses come together for East London Expo 2013
- Credit: Archant
Businesses gathered to network and showcase their services at the East London Expo 2013.
The event saw around 50 companies and organisations hold stalls at Barking Rugby Club, in Gale Street, Dagenham on Wednesday.
There were also business seminars throughout the day with high profile speakers, a chance to meet business mentors and an evening networking session.
Visitors included Barking and Dagenham Mayor Cllr Hardial Singh Rai and Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Among those exhibiting were Ceme, Barking and Dagenham College, Metro Bank, London City and Airport Wincanton Records Management.
Sominder Panesar, director of Prontaprint Barking, said: “An event like this is a brilliant idea. You need more trade between local businesses and the expo is a good way of encouraging this.
“It’s also gives businesses the opportunity to showcase their services in a way they might not otherwise have the chance to.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
One of the organisers of the event was the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Clements, events marketing managers at the commerce said: “It was a very positive day and showed how many fantastic businesses we have on our doorstep.
Archant, publishers of the Post, were media partners.
To see more photos click on the picture gallery link below.