Pictures: Businesses come together for East London Expo 2013
- Credit: Archant
Businesses gathered to network and showcase their services at the East London Expo 2013.
The event saw around 50 companies and organisations hold stalls at Barking Rugby Club, in Gale Street, Dagenham on Wednesday.
There were also business seminars throughout the day with high profile speakers, a chance to meet business mentors and an evening networking session.
Visitors included Barking and Dagenham Mayor Cllr Hardial Singh Rai and Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Among those exhibiting were Ceme, Barking and Dagenham College, Metro Bank, London City and Airport Wincanton Records Management.
You may also want to watch:
Sominder Panesar, director of Prontaprint Barking, said: “An event like this is a brilliant idea. You need more trade between local businesses and the expo is a good way of encouraging this.
“It’s also gives businesses the opportunity to showcase their services in a way they might not otherwise have the chance to.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
One of the organisers of the event was the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Clements, events marketing managers at the commerce said: “It was a very positive day and showed how many fantastic businesses we have on our doorstep.
Archant, publishers of the Post, were media partners.
To see more photos click on the picture gallery link below.