Police borough commander addresses Barking and Dagenham businesses
- Credit: Archant
Some of the borough’s businesses have gained a valuable insight into the state of the borough’s policing at a special networking evening.
Borough commander chief supt Sultan Taylor addressed Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce at an evening reception on Tuesday, November 24.
Speaking at the visitor centre of londoneast-uk, in Yew Tree Avenue, Dagenham, the bobby boss provided companies with a general update on the area and talked about how the operating environment has changed in the wake of the recent Paris terrorist attacks.
He also answered specific questions from companies in a Q and A session, covering topics such as retaining PCSOs and policing on the ground.
Before the session, the chamber held its AGM, which saw president Mark Bass re-elected for a third term.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce call Mary Clements on 020 8591 6966 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking