Post Office looks for ‘retail partner’ for Dagenham Heathway branch
- Credit: Archant
Customers could see their nearest Post Office transformed as bosses look for a retailer to move in to the biggest branch in the borough.
The Post Office in Heathway, Dagenham, is one of 70 “Crown” branches — those owned directly by the company — nationwide which is targeted for a retail partner, a more common service model.
Bosses have said none of the branch’s 15 staff are at risk of losing their jobs as part of the strategy and added it will not close, although some layout and design changes may occur depending on which business is chosen.
“Crown branches are a fundamental part of our long term growth strategy and need to be brought into profit,” a spokesperson for Post Office said.
“To maintain our high street presence we will be looking to find retail partners for 70 of our branches enabling us to stay in these locations.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investment will maintain the size of the network and modernise branches to meet customer needs.”
If no retail partner is found the Post Office has said the branch will remain open.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
If a partner is found, a six week public consultation period will begin to get feedback and views from the community before a final decision is made.
Crown branches make up just three per cent of the Post Office network, some 370 branches out of more than 11,500 across the UK.