Pupils visit car showroom in Barking
Car enthusiasts visited one of the UK’s best showrooms as part of a drive to encourage them to take up careers in the motor industry.
The Eastbury School pupils toured Dagenham Motors in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 2.
The firm was named one of the top 100 garages in a poll by the Motor Codes watchdog last month.
Eastbury teacher Kevin Medcalf said: “The visit was fantastic. The students really enjoyed touring the Dagenham Motors dealership and witnessing all the different career paths on offer.
“Meeting the staff at Dagenham Motors and experiencing a working dealership was really inspiring.”
You may also want to watch:
The tour also gave the year 9 students the chance to learn more about the technology used in the latest Ford models.
Nineteen pupils from the secondary school in Hulse Avenue, Barking, attended the tour.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
The visit was part of the Institute of the Motor Industry’s Headlight programme, designed to encourage young people to consider motoring careers.