Pupils visit car showroom in Barking
Car enthusiasts visited one of the UK’s best showrooms as part of a drive to encourage them to take up careers in the motor industry.
The Eastbury School pupils toured Dagenham Motors in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 2.
The firm was named one of the top 100 garages in a poll by the Motor Codes watchdog last month.
Eastbury teacher Kevin Medcalf said: “The visit was fantastic. The students really enjoyed touring the Dagenham Motors dealership and witnessing all the different career paths on offer.
“Meeting the staff at Dagenham Motors and experiencing a working dealership was really inspiring.”
You may also want to watch:
The tour also gave the year 9 students the chance to learn more about the technology used in the latest Ford models.
Nineteen pupils from the secondary school in Hulse Avenue, Barking, attended the tour.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
The visit was part of the Institute of the Motor Industry’s Headlight programme, designed to encourage young people to consider motoring careers.