Pupils visit car showroom in Barking
Car enthusiasts visited one of the UK’s best showrooms as part of a drive to encourage them to take up careers in the motor industry.
The Eastbury School pupils toured Dagenham Motors in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 2.
The firm was named one of the top 100 garages in a poll by the Motor Codes watchdog last month.
Eastbury teacher Kevin Medcalf said: “The visit was fantastic. The students really enjoyed touring the Dagenham Motors dealership and witnessing all the different career paths on offer.
“Meeting the staff at Dagenham Motors and experiencing a working dealership was really inspiring.”
The tour also gave the year 9 students the chance to learn more about the technology used in the latest Ford models.
Nineteen pupils from the secondary school in Hulse Avenue, Barking, attended the tour.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 McMahon proud of excellent Dagenham & Redbridge win over Wrexham
- 9 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 10 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
The visit was part of the Institute of the Motor Industry’s Headlight programme, designed to encourage young people to consider motoring careers.