Pupils visit car showroom in Barking
Car enthusiasts visited one of the UK’s best showrooms as part of a drive to encourage them to take up careers in the motor industry.
The Eastbury School pupils toured Dagenham Motors in Ripple Road, Barking, on May 2.
The firm was named one of the top 100 garages in a poll by the Motor Codes watchdog last month.
Eastbury teacher Kevin Medcalf said: “The visit was fantastic. The students really enjoyed touring the Dagenham Motors dealership and witnessing all the different career paths on offer.
“Meeting the staff at Dagenham Motors and experiencing a working dealership was really inspiring.”
You may also want to watch:
The tour also gave the year 9 students the chance to learn more about the technology used in the latest Ford models.
Nineteen pupils from the secondary school in Hulse Avenue, Barking, attended the tour.
- 1 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 2 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
The visit was part of the Institute of the Motor Industry’s Headlight programme, designed to encourage young people to consider motoring careers.