‘Rolls Royce’ of beds for Barking Travelodge guests after extensive hotel makeover
- Credit: Archant
Guests can enjoy the “Rolls Royce of beds” after an extensive hotel refurbishment.
Over three weeks Barking Travelodge has been transformed as part of a £57million company-wide refurbishment programme.
According to a spokesman the new 66-room hotel’s makeover “includes a new room design and a luxury bed called the Travelodge Dreamer — which is deemed in the industry as the Rolls Royce of beds”.
Hotel manager Tajinder Badi said: “The feedback we have received from customers has been outstanding. Everyone loves the new warm, contemporary feel of our new room.”
“The demand for good quality branded budget accommodation in the area is growing at great pace, and now that we have a new room design we are offering even greater value in the local marketplace.”
The refurbishment programme is part of a wider £223 million “brand investment” by Travelodge to make it the best value hotel chain in the UK, said a spokesman.
The hotel, in Ripple Road, Barking, opened in 2008.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 6 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 8 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 9 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 10 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park