Small companies from Barking and Dagenham urged to enter London Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Small companies from across Barking and Dagenham have the chance to make their mark on the capital as this year’s Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) London Business Awards were launched this week.
Open to any business in any sector with up to 250 employees, the awards ceremony itself will be held in the glitzy surroundings of the Hotel Pullman London St Pancras, on Thursday, July 17.
Upon completing an entry form, entrants will be judged by four independent experts and most businesses can enter up to three categories
As well as having achievements formally recognised, Steve Warwick, London regional chairman of the FSB, admits the awards can act as a great marketing tool for local companies.
“Awards are the secret source of business success,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“London is the nation’s economic powerhouse so the category winners automatically win a huge amount of kudos, as well as significant public relations opportunities.”
This year’s categories include:
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
Best New Business, sponsored by London24.com.
Employee of the Year, sponsored by Pullman Hotels.
Real Life Entrepreneur, sponsored by the FSB.
Service Excellence, sponsored by Basepoint.
Training and Development, sponsored by LCBT.
Young Business Person of the Year, sponsored by South Thames College.
Overall Winner, sponsored by Aurile Coffee, which last year was won by My Nametags Ltd, based in Putney Bridge Road, who make washable name labels for clothes.
For a full list of categories or information on how to enter the awards, visit fsb.org.uk/Londonawards