Small companies from Barking and Dagenham urged to enter London Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Small companies from across Barking and Dagenham have the chance to make their mark on the capital as this year’s Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) London Business Awards were launched this week.
Open to any business in any sector with up to 250 employees, the awards ceremony itself will be held in the glitzy surroundings of the Hotel Pullman London St Pancras, on Thursday, July 17.
Upon completing an entry form, entrants will be judged by four independent experts and most businesses can enter up to three categories
As well as having achievements formally recognised, Steve Warwick, London regional chairman of the FSB, admits the awards can act as a great marketing tool for local companies.
“Awards are the secret source of business success,” he said.
“London is the nation’s economic powerhouse so the category winners automatically win a huge amount of kudos, as well as significant public relations opportunities.”
This year’s categories include:
- 1 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 2 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 3 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 7 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
Best New Business, sponsored by London24.com.
Employee of the Year, sponsored by Pullman Hotels.
Real Life Entrepreneur, sponsored by the FSB.
Service Excellence, sponsored by Basepoint.
Training and Development, sponsored by LCBT.
Young Business Person of the Year, sponsored by South Thames College.
Overall Winner, sponsored by Aurile Coffee, which last year was won by My Nametags Ltd, based in Putney Bridge Road, who make washable name labels for clothes.
For a full list of categories or information on how to enter the awards, visit fsb.org.uk/Londonawards