Spanish fruit and vegetable jet to Barking for international trade mission
- Credit: Archant
After bringing premium olive oils and Spanish wines to Barking, a European trading company have turned their focus to Mediterranean fruit and vegetables.
Launched in January, Tradex Consultancy UK are based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, aiming to provide a vital link between Spanish producers and sellers in the UK.
A total of 11 international business jetted into the borough hoping to pitch a whole variety
of goods, with specialities ranging from oranges to herbs, and from sweet potatoes to passion fruits.
A former business analyst for the Spanish Embassy, Tradex chief executive Juan Montero admits launching his own company has been a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been working really hard to cater for all the companies but it’s really starting to pay off,” he said.
“At each trade meeting we’ve been contacted by more and more companies wanting to get involved.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 6 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
“I’ve always wanted to set up my own company and I’m really passionate about Spanish produce, so I couldn’t be happier.”
The company has already been featured on Spanish television and radio, and last month welcomed 12 of the trendiest Mediterranean wineries to Barking.
Now scheduled to take a well-earned summer break, Tradex plan to returning in the autumn with another trade mission, this time focusing on the ever-growing organic foods market.
For more information visit tradexconsultancyuk.com.
Top Spanish wine makers to bring their business to BarkingBusiness: Finest Spanish olive oil producers jet to Barking to sell their waresOcado to transform Dagenham bus depot into delivery hub creating 350 jobs