Spanish fruit and vegetable jet to Barking for international trade mission
- Credit: Archant
After bringing premium olive oils and Spanish wines to Barking, a European trading company have turned their focus to Mediterranean fruit and vegetables.
Launched in January, Tradex Consultancy UK are based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, aiming to provide a vital link between Spanish producers and sellers in the UK.
A total of 11 international business jetted into the borough hoping to pitch a whole variety
of goods, with specialities ranging from oranges to herbs, and from sweet potatoes to passion fruits.
A former business analyst for the Spanish Embassy, Tradex chief executive Juan Montero admits launching his own company has been a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been working really hard to cater for all the companies but it’s really starting to pay off,” he said.
“At each trade meeting we’ve been contacted by more and more companies wanting to get involved.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
“I’ve always wanted to set up my own company and I’m really passionate about Spanish produce, so I couldn’t be happier.”
The company has already been featured on Spanish television and radio, and last month welcomed 12 of the trendiest Mediterranean wineries to Barking.
Now scheduled to take a well-earned summer break, Tradex plan to returning in the autumn with another trade mission, this time focusing on the ever-growing organic foods market.
For more information visit tradexconsultancyuk.com.
Top Spanish wine makers to bring their business to BarkingBusiness: Finest Spanish olive oil producers jet to Barking to sell their waresOcado to transform Dagenham bus depot into delivery hub creating 350 jobs