Spanish fruit and vegetable jet to Barking for international trade mission
- Credit: Archant
After bringing premium olive oils and Spanish wines to Barking, a European trading company have turned their focus to Mediterranean fruit and vegetables.
Launched in January, Tradex Consultancy UK are based at the Barking Enterprise Centre, aiming to provide a vital link between Spanish producers and sellers in the UK.
A total of 11 international business jetted into the borough hoping to pitch a whole variety
of goods, with specialities ranging from oranges to herbs, and from sweet potatoes to passion fruits.
A former business analyst for the Spanish Embassy, Tradex chief executive Juan Montero admits launching his own company has been a dream come true.
“We’ve been working really hard to cater for all the companies but it’s really starting to pay off,” he said.
“At each trade meeting we’ve been contacted by more and more companies wanting to get involved.
- 1 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 6 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 7 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
“I’ve always wanted to set up my own company and I’m really passionate about Spanish produce, so I couldn’t be happier.”
The company has already been featured on Spanish television and radio, and last month welcomed 12 of the trendiest Mediterranean wineries to Barking.
Now scheduled to take a well-earned summer break, Tradex plan to returning in the autumn with another trade mission, this time focusing on the ever-growing organic foods market.
For more information visit tradexconsultancyuk.com.
Top Spanish wine makers to bring their business to BarkingBusiness: Finest Spanish olive oil producers jet to Barking to sell their waresOcado to transform Dagenham bus depot into delivery hub creating 350 jobs