Star Wars inspired barbers opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Not so long ago in a galaxy very near indeed, a new barber shop opened.
Claiming to offer “the sickest fade in the galaxy”, Darth Faderz launched in Longbridge Road, Dagenham, in September, and is already being tipped for a central London expansion.
It is run by a trio of partners after the site’s previous incarnation, Hair Force One, closed,
Jan Roberts, 41, admits customer service is the key to success.
“We’re like bartenders in a way,” he said. “People will come and sit with us and tell us all about any problems they might be having.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually care about people so we’ll often give out advice while cutting, whether it’s about getting a job, interviews – even relationship issues.
“We see the people that come in as friends, rather than customers.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
Specialising in Afro-Caribbean, European and Asian cuts, Jan claims nothing is off-limits and even recreated Wesley Snipes’ iconic Blade hairstyle for one daring customer.
“We’re waiting for this place to lift off and then we want to develop the franchise,” he added.
“We really want to open up a shop in central London one day.”
Prices start at £6 for boys, £7 for those aged between 13-16 and £10 for anyone aged 17 and above.
Email email@example.com for more information.