Star Wars inspired barbers opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Not so long ago in a galaxy very near indeed, a new barber shop opened.
Claiming to offer “the sickest fade in the galaxy”, Darth Faderz launched in Longbridge Road, Dagenham, in September, and is already being tipped for a central London expansion.
It is run by a trio of partners after the site’s previous incarnation, Hair Force One, closed,
Jan Roberts, 41, admits customer service is the key to success.
“We’re like bartenders in a way,” he said. “People will come and sit with us and tell us all about any problems they might be having.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually care about people so we’ll often give out advice while cutting, whether it’s about getting a job, interviews – even relationship issues.
“We see the people that come in as friends, rather than customers.”
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 9 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
Specialising in Afro-Caribbean, European and Asian cuts, Jan claims nothing is off-limits and even recreated Wesley Snipes’ iconic Blade hairstyle for one daring customer.
“We’re waiting for this place to lift off and then we want to develop the franchise,” he added.
“We really want to open up a shop in central London one day.”
Prices start at £6 for boys, £7 for those aged between 13-16 and £10 for anyone aged 17 and above.
Email email@example.com for more information.