Star Wars inspired barbers opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Not so long ago in a galaxy very near indeed, a new barber shop opened.
Claiming to offer “the sickest fade in the galaxy”, Darth Faderz launched in Longbridge Road, Dagenham, in September, and is already being tipped for a central London expansion.
It is run by a trio of partners after the site’s previous incarnation, Hair Force One, closed,
Jan Roberts, 41, admits customer service is the key to success.
“We’re like bartenders in a way,” he said. “People will come and sit with us and tell us all about any problems they might be having.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually care about people so we’ll often give out advice while cutting, whether it’s about getting a job, interviews – even relationship issues.
“We see the people that come in as friends, rather than customers.”
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
Specialising in Afro-Caribbean, European and Asian cuts, Jan claims nothing is off-limits and even recreated Wesley Snipes’ iconic Blade hairstyle for one daring customer.
“We’re waiting for this place to lift off and then we want to develop the franchise,” he added.
“We really want to open up a shop in central London one day.”
Prices start at £6 for boys, £7 for those aged between 13-16 and £10 for anyone aged 17 and above.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.