Star Wars inspired barbers opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Not so long ago in a galaxy very near indeed, a new barber shop opened.
Claiming to offer “the sickest fade in the galaxy”, Darth Faderz launched in Longbridge Road, Dagenham, in September, and is already being tipped for a central London expansion.
It is run by a trio of partners after the site’s previous incarnation, Hair Force One, closed,
Jan Roberts, 41, admits customer service is the key to success.
“We’re like bartenders in a way,” he said. “People will come and sit with us and tell us all about any problems they might be having.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually care about people so we’ll often give out advice while cutting, whether it’s about getting a job, interviews – even relationship issues.
“We see the people that come in as friends, rather than customers.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
Specialising in Afro-Caribbean, European and Asian cuts, Jan claims nothing is off-limits and even recreated Wesley Snipes’ iconic Blade hairstyle for one daring customer.
“We’re waiting for this place to lift off and then we want to develop the franchise,” he added.
“We really want to open up a shop in central London one day.”
Prices start at £6 for boys, £7 for those aged between 13-16 and £10 for anyone aged 17 and above.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.