Star Wars inspired barbers opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Not so long ago in a galaxy very near indeed, a new barber shop opened.
Claiming to offer “the sickest fade in the galaxy”, Darth Faderz launched in Longbridge Road, Dagenham, in September, and is already being tipped for a central London expansion.
It is run by a trio of partners after the site’s previous incarnation, Hair Force One, closed,
Jan Roberts, 41, admits customer service is the key to success.
“We’re like bartenders in a way,” he said. “People will come and sit with us and tell us all about any problems they might be having.
“We actually care about people so we’ll often give out advice while cutting, whether it’s about getting a job, interviews – even relationship issues.
“We see the people that come in as friends, rather than customers.”
- 1 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 2 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 4 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 7 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 8 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
Specialising in Afro-Caribbean, European and Asian cuts, Jan claims nothing is off-limits and even recreated Wesley Snipes’ iconic Blade hairstyle for one daring customer.
“We’re waiting for this place to lift off and then we want to develop the franchise,” he added.
“We really want to open up a shop in central London one day.”
Prices start at £6 for boys, £7 for those aged between 13-16 and £10 for anyone aged 17 and above.
Email email@example.com for more information.