Supermarket chain unveils new store in Dagenham
Daggers star Matthew Saunders received a �500 cheque from a supermarket to help promote football in the community.
Tesco bosses presented the funding to the midfielder as they unveiled their new Express store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on Friday.
Dagenham & Redbridge FC is helping to run football schools at May and Baker sports club in Dagenham Road, Dagenham, and puts on “Mini Daggers” activity sessions for young players in the community.
Saunders posed for the camera with store manager Alan Chittock, Daggers mascot Digger the Dog and staff members.
He said: “I would like to thank Tesco for this generous donation. The money will be put towards the running of the Daggers in community events, such as summer soccer schools and Mini Daggers.”
You may also want to watch:
Alan added: “We are so pleased that Matthew came to open the new store and join in the celebrations with us.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot