Supermarket chain unveils new store in Dagenham
Daggers star Matthew Saunders received a �500 cheque from a supermarket to help promote football in the community.
Tesco bosses presented the funding to the midfielder as they unveiled their new Express store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on Friday.
Dagenham & Redbridge FC is helping to run football schools at May and Baker sports club in Dagenham Road, Dagenham, and puts on “Mini Daggers” activity sessions for young players in the community.
Saunders posed for the camera with store manager Alan Chittock, Daggers mascot Digger the Dog and staff members.
He said: “I would like to thank Tesco for this generous donation. The money will be put towards the running of the Daggers in community events, such as summer soccer schools and Mini Daggers.”
You may also want to watch:
Alan added: “We are so pleased that Matthew came to open the new store and join in the celebrations with us.”
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs