Supermarket chain unveils new store in Dagenham
Daggers star Matthew Saunders received a �500 cheque from a supermarket to help promote football in the community.
Tesco bosses presented the funding to the midfielder as they unveiled their new Express store in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on Friday.
Dagenham & Redbridge FC is helping to run football schools at May and Baker sports club in Dagenham Road, Dagenham, and puts on “Mini Daggers” activity sessions for young players in the community.
Saunders posed for the camera with store manager Alan Chittock, Daggers mascot Digger the Dog and staff members.
He said: “I would like to thank Tesco for this generous donation. The money will be put towards the running of the Daggers in community events, such as summer soccer schools and Mini Daggers.”
You may also want to watch:
Alan added: “We are so pleased that Matthew came to open the new store and join in the celebrations with us.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears