Supermarkets reveal Christmas opening hours
- Credit: ARCHANT
Are you the type of person to have everything prepared by November?
Or perhaps a last-minute shopper that revels in the excitement of buying your Christmas dinner ingredients a day before?
Whatever you choose, it is useful to know when the shops will be open around Christmas time.
Tesco has announced its 370 large stores will be opening for 24 hours a day between Monday, December 20 and December 24.
Opening hours can vary from store to store so the retailer advise to visit its online Tesco store locator to check local opening hours.
Aldi has decided to close on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day but will have plenty of opportunity for shoppers to visit during the festive period.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 8 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
Morrisons is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day but will be open on New Year's Day.
The only day Asda's stores will be closed is on Christmas Day. Asda has said to check its store locator for up-to-date opening hours.
Sainsbury's has confirmed its stores will be open 6am or 7am until 7pm on Christmas Eve.
No stores will be open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
On New Year's Eve, most stores will open from 7am to 7pm and on New Year's Day stores will open between 8am and 8pm.
Marks & Spencer
Marks & Spencer will be extending its opening hours in the week leading up to Christmas Day, with the majority of stores opening from 6am - 12am, Monday, December 20 to Thursday, December 23.
A selected number of stores will be open until 8pm on Christmas Eve, and selected stores will open on New Year's Day.
You can check your local store opening hours here.
Lidl is yet to confirm opening hours for the Christmas period but has advised customers to use its online store locator tool to keep an eye on the latest opening times of its stores as they vary depending upon location.
Most stores will be open between 7am and 6pm on Christmas Eve.
All stores will be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
On New Year's Eve, most stores will be open from 8am to 6pm or 7pm and all its stores will be closed New Year's Day.
Waitrose has said most of its stores will have extended opening hours in the days leading up to Christmas Eve, closing at 11pm.
On Christmas Eve, its stores will be open from 7am - 6pm. On New Year's Eve stores will be open from 8am - 6pm.
Stores will be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
On New Year's Day, its shops will be closed with an exception of a small number which will be open between 7am and 10pm.
You can find your local store's opening hours here.